Offivers and Standing Orders

A jumped up Rupert (one pip) told me to go and do something which I believed was daft as well as contravening SO. I told him to go away :p Apparently, I'm having a meeting on Monday without coffee.

What would you do? Did I do wrong? It would have jeopardised FU and my lot.

Time for a brew...... :x

Negligent-Discharge said:
50 have read it and no replies... is it all civvies in here? :soldier:
Perhaps you should have been more diplomatic and explained to him what the problem was.

Without knowing your rank in relation to his it's hard to say anything. If you're a Tom just out of Phase 2 then I should expect a rough ride, if you're an experienced SNCO then an apology may suffice.

50 have read it and no replies... is it all civvies in here? :soldier:
Because you're boring. You're in the shite because you couldn't follow the correct process. If you believe something was contravening SOs, then you should have spoken to the field officer or someone else in the chain to check. Perhaps this 'jumped up one-pip' was actually correct and you're wrong?

It's right to query the instruction in order to clarify whether it contravened SOs, and to negotiate necessary changes.

Telling an officer "to go away" (were those really the words you used?) is bound to lead to consequences.

The jumped-up-ness of the officer isn't relevant.

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
Devil is in the detail I'm afraid.

However, most (if not all) of the young officers I've worked with (and been/am one!) are willing to take advice from nearly everyone if it's put forward in the right way. They get pissed off at being treated like shit, just like anyone else.

Matey, that's the way the cnut speaks! :D
Think you may well have made a vunt out of yourself
(see what I did there!)

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nick, do you think that, perhaps, the 1 pip could have been wrong?

Army is fcuked when squaddies can go around telling officers where to go. I don't care what rank he was, he holds the queens commission or doesn't that count in the modern army? (RSM's excepted).

In my day...........................

ND it's not what you say, it's how you say it!

Fixed it for you

An Officer of Her Majesty's Armed Forces ordered me to conduct a Military Operation, I, knowing better thought the Order was daft so I didn't carry out the Order and told the Officer to F-Off. - Apparently, I'm in the shit and expect to be put on Orders on Monday. I'm crapping my pants at the mo - however, I thought I may get away with it if I use the excuse the Order was contravening Standard Operating Procedure - so I am wondering if any Arrsers will back me up. P.S. I'm a Ginger Haired Scotch Bloke too.
Enjoy your stay in the Guardroom, sans Belt & Laces :rmp:

B_AND_T said:
Nick, do you think that, perhaps, the 1 pip could have been wrong?
of course, I've been corrected by a few Jncos myself and they were only looking after me. Like I said, if he felt it was wrong he should have followed the correct procedure.

With all due respect, could we look at the potential consequences of you last order/direction, sir

OK then, if we are taking this seriously......

There are times when I, as a Subbie, would have quite happily accepted:

"Fook off Sir, that's a fooking wank idea"

but thrown a track over:

"No, I don't think so Sir!"

It all depends on who is saying it, and how it's meant.