Offivers and Standing Orders

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Negligent-Discharge, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

A jumped up Rupert (one pip) told me to go and do something which I believed was daft as well as contravening SO. I told him to go away :p Apparently, I'm having a meeting on Monday without coffee.

What would you do? Did I do wrong? It would have jeopardised FU and my lot.

Time for a brew...... :x

2. Negligent-Discharge

50 have read it and no replies... is it all civvies in here? :soldier:

3. Perhaps you should have been more diplomatic and explained to him what the problem was.

Without knowing your rank in relation to his it's hard to say anything. If you're a Tom just out of Phase 2 then I should expect a rough ride, if you're an experienced SNCO then an apology may suffice.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

They might be wondering what an Offiver is?

5. Negligent-Discharge

Matey, that's the way the cnut speaks! :D

6. Because you're boring. You're in the shite because you couldn't follow the correct process. If you believe something was contravening SOs, then you should have spoken to the field officer or someone else in the chain to check. Perhaps this 'jumped up one-pip' was actually correct and you're wrong?

7. It's right to query the instruction in order to clarify whether it contravened SOs, and to negotiate necessary changes.

Telling an officer "to go away" (were those really the words you used?) is bound to lead to consequences.

The jumped-up-ness of the officer isn't relevant.

8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Devil is in the detail I'm afraid.

However, most (if not all) of the young officers I've worked with (and been/am one!) are willing to take advice from nearly everyone if it's put forward in the right way. They get pissed off at being treated like shit, just like anyone else.

9. Think you may well have made a vunt out of yourself
    (see what I did there!)

10. Is it the way you speak? ;)

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Nick, do you think that, perhaps, the 1 pip could have been wrong?

12. Army is fcuked when squaddies can go around telling officers where to go. I don't care what rank he was, he holds the queens commission or doesn't that count in the modern army? (RSM's excepted).

In my day...........................

13. ND it's not what you say, it's how you say it!

14. Fixed it for you

Enjoy your stay in the Guardroom, sans Belt & Laces :rmp:

15. Perhaps you forgot the"With all due respect Sir"or don't you know your place in the pecking order? :?