• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Official Soldiers Prayer?

"Blessed is he that gets a first round hit ,for he shall live forever"

There is an "Army Prayer Book" with the official prayer for forces in wartime

"O Almighty God the Creator and Sustainer of all mankind,
uphold we pray thee men and women who through perils of war are serving our nation,
Be thou their strength when they are set in the midst of so many and great dangers,
and keep them steadfast until they come to thy everlasting kingdom,
through Jesus Christ our Lord
Amen"

1964 Army Prayer Book
WO 13517
page 12

not to bad for an old f@cking Atheist

I may still have one in our orderly room which I picked up at the IMP to Lourdes so I'll check and get back to you on Friday

Consider obtaining (ebay is best bet) one of the tiny soldiers' abridged bibles/prayer books that were issued or distributed in WW1 & 2. Some of them are only the size of a credit card, and they often contain a dedication to the fighting soldier from some long-vanished Empire society or other.

ugly

LE
We had a regimental collect (prayer) but I cant recall from heart, its in the history on the shelf behind me.
I would have thought this woould do;
Our Q man who art in echelon bring us our daily bread, water and ammo, forget thee not my mail and dhobi and forget not the rounds I need to fire!

By Sir Jacob Astley before the battle of Edgehill, 1642:

O Lord, you know how busy I must be this day.
If I forget you, do not forget me.
That was my first choice too (don't forget the, "March on, boys!" at the end), but the 23rd Psalm may be more use if they're shooting back and he can find a couple of spare seconds.

Chris Keeble used these words at Goose Green

'My Father, I abandon myself to you. Do with me as you will. Whatever you may do with me I thank you, provided your will is fulfilled in me. I ask for nothing more.'

Is there an official British army soldiers prayer?

I want to include it in a pack for my young 'un, who will be deploying soon.

Cheers.
Hello Mike,
It also depends on just how old your "young 'un" actually is. For the youngest there is:

THE CADET PRAYER

O God our heavenly father,
Who hast brought us together as members
of the Army Cadet Force,
Help us to do our duty at all times, and be
loyal to each other.
May all that is good and true prosper
among us,
Strengthen us to defend the right,
And bless our work so that it may be
acceptable to thee.

There are countless prayers...non of them work. The best advice is just keep your head down...no amount of religious faith will make you bullet proof.

Latest Threads