Official Procurement Agencies for VAT free purchases in BFG

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by ForcesResources, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I am the Director of Forces Resources Limited and I am hoping that somebody can advise me on how to become an Official Procurement Agancy (OPA) so that we can offer tax free sales without our customers having to go through the whole 15(10), BFG60 and BFG80 route.

If anybody knows an understanding person from one of the PRI shops or messes who are currently OPAs then please ask them to get intouch as I could really do with some advice.

My email address is john.evans@forcesresources.co.uk and if anybody has any questions please feel free.

Thanks in advance,
    John Evans
    Director
    Forces Resources Limited

2. I would hazard a guess that you need to speak to customs and immigration in the UK. Are they not the holders of VAT ?

3. Who designed your website, a chimp?

404 errors and links you can't click on... well done, go to the top of the class and don't fall off!

4. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

looks a bit like the Blue forces website which doesnt work either (although for a different product)

5. Right here goes.

daylightshrubbery: Thanks for the reply, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs in the UK are merely the enforcers of the regulations.

Forces Resources is already VAT registered and has already been in discussions with both HMRC in the UK and C&I at JHQ but no look as yet to an answer. Thanks for the suggestion though
    [hr]
    Monkeyspanker: Thanks for the constructive criticism, an individuals ability to point out faults in such an intellectual, constructive and thought provoking manner always amuses me.

Unfortunately for some reason I didn't receive notification of the replies on this thread otherwise the faults could have been fixed straight away. Obviously as a new company we have a limited budget and as such are restricted to the amount of cross browser and cross platform testing that can be done. Needless to say that users data and security is of paramount importance and takes priority over cross browser site layout testing. This is emphasised by the vary fact that we have voluntarily obtained certification from the Information Commissioners Office who regulate the Data Protection Act.
    [hr]
    IS Ski Geek: The site is under constant development and improving day by day. When a fault has been spotted. Once a temporary fix has been found it may take a week or so until the permanent fix is applied.
    [hr]
    Again, thanks everybody for taking the time to view this thread and the site.
    If you spot any new faults then please do not hesitate to email me at john.evans@forcesresources.co.uk

6. If you wait until tomorrow, I'll send you a few numbers to call who should be able to help you with your enqueries.

Baggy.

7. I hope this does not extend to your other services. I certainly would not have divulged this information, as you have, to one of your main potential customer bases.

Soldiers are indeed astute fellows, and i certainly for one would not internet shop at a tatty website. In this case your site appears to fit that bracket with broken links.

Just an observation, we dont want you alienating yourself now do we?

8. Cheers Baggy,

Much appreciated mate

John

9. You have a PM.

10. Hi Gmonster,

Normally I would agree with you. I know that the site security has had plenty of time taken on it with precautions taken against many security risks with thousands of lines of code involved (I have just deleted from this post the threats that have been guarded against as it serves no purpose for people to know these). I have made sure that these things are given the priority and hence when I say that the amount of cross browser testing has been limited, I meant purely on the cosmetic CSS layout as this was the fault that had been brought up with the links situation. Security of the site as I said is a must and this must be a non-negotiable side of site design.

I hope this clears up a few things but if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask your questions.