OFFICIAL - Goodwill to all men, except screechers.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Cutaway, Dec 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Pope Benedict XVI tends to use his traditional end-of-year speech to offer his Christmas greetings and say a few words about what he considers the important issues of the day, and this year the cause is queggertry.
    I've looked around the site and tried the search function but still can't find anything on his comments this morning.

His Holiness has said that saving humanity from homosexual or transsexual behaviour is just as important as saving the rainforest from destruction, but I suppose that depends on how importantly you rate saving a South American copse.

While the Church was thought to be moving towards a more liberal attitude to these matters, (several years after the British Army I note,) it looks like Papa Benny just doesn't like poofs.
    You can take the Pope out of the HJ, but you can't take the... :D
  2. Everyone knows all homo's, and transexual shim adams appled freakazoids are going to burn in hell and damnation for all time anyway.

The big man is just relaying the word of our lord God, and we should reflect on this during the holiday season and birthday of his lad and remember that we were made different for a reason..

Men were put on this earth to rule, hunt, kill and generally do all the stuff that needs doing properly

Women were put here on the earth to shut the f uck up and do as they're told before they get another back hander.

People who transgress and try and blur these lines are in direct defiance of God's instruction book (it's all in there, just look)

Anyone who cannot see the simplicity of God's wonder is a heretic and will also burn along with the fudge packers and the "Ooh i cant make my mind up which gender I should be this week" brigade.

Here endeth the lesson.
  3. msr

msr LE

Just another reason to bin this myth and superstition nonsense.

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

5. Of course not! It's homosexuality that's the sin. Pederasty is quite ok.
  6. Sadly a rather large proportion of the people inhabiting this planet seem fairly convinced it is neither myth nor superstition.
    No idea why but the belief in one god or another is quite popular and we seem saddled with it.
    Back to the Pope, given that the man was a Nazi in his younger days its hardly surprising he isn't actually in favour of homosexuality. Can't say I'm much of a fan myself, its only bonus is that it helps reduce the amount of people breeding a little.
  7. Frees up some totty as well.
  8. Looks like a load of clergy will be on the dole then.
  9. msr

msr LE

It isn't only blokes who are that way inclined. Ask Cernunnos.

And no matter what proportion of people 'believe' - it is still myth and superstition:

10. Considering the holy father was an air defender, his views seem basically sound to me...

Edited to add; I enjoyed the debate on BBC R4 this morning. The Beeb obviously thought they would have a sky-pixie believing nutter in the blue corner being turned over by a rational human being in the red corner. Sadly their researcher hadn't quite done the homework and they ended up with two Catholic theologists arguing about whether the issue was how does Christ's message that we should love everyone square with the growing scientific awareness that "gender" is somewhat more than about different primary and secondary physical characteristics. First class radio as well as making the Beeb look twattish.

The best bit was when the presenter tried to make the pro-Christ's message that we should love everyone pundit agree that this meant buggery is fine by God. Love the sinner, hate the sin anyone?? Merry Christmas Jarrod...
  11. msr

msr LE

Only because he wasn't good enough for Field.
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

But not, I think, of this type.
  13. The news is already reporting the squeals of outrage - why - who gives a toss what the pope says ??
  14. msr

msr LE

Because, contrary to any sort of scientific evidence, they seem to believe he is the mouthpiece of some invisible deity.

15. Totally agree with msr, religion is just a complete load of outdated bollocks. Fcuk the Pope he means nothing to anybody with any rationality and I'm sure the fudge packers don't really care what he has to say.

I think Richard Dawkins should start giving Christmas speeches to add a nice sense of irony to our festivities.