Official Arrse Euro 2012 thread?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by joey_deacons_lad, Jun 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seeing as we dont have one yet, if nobody has any objections I'll start one.

Cracking opening game with Poland and Greece, 2 Red cards, 2 goals and a missed pen. Missed the Russia game, were the Czechs any good? I have always had a soft spot for them since 96 when I bumped into a load of them carting a keg of beer round Chester and they got me well and truly pissed for nothing.

2. the czechs were okay but the russians totally outplayed them. the scoreline says more about how good russia were, rather than implying the czech republic were crap.

i'm just waiting for the usual crowd of bitter jocks and sheepshaggers to come on here, supporting "everyone but England". *yawn*

3. Have we got an Arrse Euro league set up?

4. Danes just shut the Dutch up by nutmegging the keeper beautifully. 1-0 to Denmark!

5. I bet the American soccer team would kick the British team's ass (if we played I mean).....wait we did it before! Good luck and don't get thrashed by the Germans this time. :)

6. You won't get that from this sheepshagger. I've even got a sneaky suspicion that England could do well. Yes, you haven't got many superstars in the squad, but that could play to your advantage. The games may not be pretty but I'd take England winning 1-0 in every game if they win the trophy.

7. Not the greatest fan of Roy, however, I did note that he made every English player sing* the National Anthem before the Belguim friendly last week, something no other manager has achieved in living memory.

Probably not significant but I did notice it all the same :)

*by sing I mean move their lips and mumble in some cases

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The Telegraph made a good point today; namely that this is the first major tournament in decades where the press hype has actually been quite muted. It's quite refreshing and I don't think England will get the same level of antagonism from the other nations of the UK as a result.

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Never mind us sweaties and our brother celts from Wales not supporting Engerlund... there don't seem to be many supporters across there supporting Engerlund. And before anyone rocks up with the excuse that the locals and local police are a bit naughty, the tickets would have been sold months ago if people were going, sold long before these stories hit the TV and newspapers.

As it happens, I agree with Miner in that the team don't have the media crowding them expecting the cup just to be handed to England just for turning up. Taking that pressure away from the team may just allow them to play a decent game of football.

Good luck to them, but I won't be putting any money on them.

Damn, beaten to it by another sweaty!

10. **** hell shit bollocks bugger pissflaps **** bastard arsewipe !!!!!!!!

But well done the Danes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Ach, don't worry about it Cloggie. The crazshy, sexshy Dutch showed enough quality to make their progression look likely. Bloody ropey defence though!

12. Thought I was watching Liverpool this season all over again then, possession, chances, hit woodwork and then a 1-0 defeat :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I thought about making a euro thread! Good effort.

I watched the Russians play last night and got awfully pissed because I bet they'd win. So it was to my advantage. The English IMHO probably might not make much of an effort?! But none the less ill wear the shirt, and if we get knocked out I'll put my money on Spain to win it.

Who has a secondary team Incase we blow it?

14. I am going for Germany in case we blow it, by we I oc course mean Spain ^~

15. Anti Engerlund support on Arrse?

I don't believe there is such a thing, same as anti sweaty independence ;-)

Roy making all the team sing, should be compulsory surely, bloody lightweights.

I think the only consistent media hype we've heard so far is the 'Racism' issue..