Official ARRSE 2008 RBL Charity Auction - Prizes Requested

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bad CO, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Long term members of the site will know that we hold an annual Charity Auction with all proceeds going to the Royal British Legion. Over the years this has gone from strength to strength and in 2007 we managed to raise over £5000 through the incredible generosity of people on the site.

We'll be doing the same thing again this year but in order to be successful we need donations of quality prizes. As always we'll be asking our sponsors who always respond very generously but we also always get some excellent and quirky prizes from members of the site. My particular favourites include Kathy's annual contribution, an original cartoon as published in the Guardian, Jon Snow's tie and dinner for 10 with canapes.

So if anyone out there has got anything that they feel we can auction then can you please drop us a line (use this form) and we'll add it to the pot! Just one plea, organising this puts quite a lot of strain on limited ARRSE resources so please make it as easy as possible for us (i.e no ring Joe Bloggs and tell him Smudger said you could have a second hand combat jacket type stuff!)

Thanks in advance for your generosity

2. Bad CO

For those who haven't noticed, we've made an excellent start to this years fund raising already with nearly £1000 raised from three book auctions. Still a long way to go though ......

3. Bad CO

Just another bump as we're not getting the number of prizes that I'd hoped we might - have I started too early?

4. I will offer this:

It will need someone to cut it off the link and re-post. I am not an expert on the pooter.

http://www.awm.gov.au/Encyclopedia/menin/

It is NOT framed, it will be delivered in it's protective roll.

5. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hi mucker, as usual I will donate a weeks accommodation in my apartment on La Torre Golf Resort

Attached Files:

6. It is a recent reproduction albeit in good quality, don't go mad.

7. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

i will offer this

Redcap - The Complete Second Series on DVD

Actors: John Thaw
    Format: PAL
    Language English
    Region: Region 2
    Number of discs: 3
    DVD Release Date: 6 Mar 2006
    Run Time: 600 minutes

[​IMG]

8. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

£50

9. We're the Sweeney son and we ain't had our dinner yet!

10. Good starter Dave, thank you.

11. Bad CO

Thanks to you both for those - can I ask you to drop me a line so that I have the latest/best email address for you?

12. This is what I was talking about. It is a fine print.

[​IMG]

But understand, it is unframed.

13. Can I offer something up, but I'd like the money to go 50/50 between the RBL and H4H?

14. Your bumcheeks don't count.

£50 for the Redcaps.

15. Damn :(