Official 2007 Poppy Appeal Tribute/Remembrance Video

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RFUK, Nov 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is PoppyScotland's 2007 Poppy Appeal vid. It's currently being shown at events in Scotland, but isn't released online. Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brDmYnZDUMc

And when you're done looking, cast a vote or make a comment. The more comments and votes that are made, the more exposure the video gets, and the more donations are made to the Poppy Appeal.

*Edited (twice) to make post clearer

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Good video.

3. Outstanding video! not alot you can say really except 'very moving'
    Thanks for the link RFUK.
    hat20

4. Sorry guys -going off thread here. Great avatar RFUK; just like one of those Bridget the Midget movies. Back on thread.

5. Thanks. I've always been a fan of midgets!

Anyway, get voting and commenting! The more votes & comments the video gets, the more popular it becomes, the more people see it, the more people are affected by it and ultimately, the more people start wearing poppies and donating to the appeal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brDmYnZDUMc

6. very good video

7. Great video and very moving. I do have a couple of questions to anyone who can explain.

1) Why was Cpl Wright awarded the George cross rather than the V.C?

2) How does "poppy scotland" differ fro the standard RBL poppy apeal?

I voted but did not comment as I can't locate my password at the mo.

8. 1) Because he rescued lads from a minefield. The VC is awarded for actions in direct contact with the enemy.

2) PoppyScotland is a separate charity which runs the poppy appeal in Scotland. The RBL only run it in England and Wales.

9. Cpl Wright was awarded the GC instead of the VC because the action in which he died was not in the face of the enemy. The mine field was of an old russia era. He was a good bloke, I had the fortunate opportunitiy to have met him whilst at Sangin, Afghanistan 2006.

Lest we forget.

10. Thank you for that RFUK, I didn't know that. How much cross-funding is there between the two. I ask, because presumably the poppy boxes down here in England collect purely for the RBL and not the Scottish equivalent. I might need to adjust my funding and send some up North of the Border if there is limited cross funding. What about NI?

Sorry if nobody knows the ins and outs.

Jimima

ps Will go and vote and comment now.

11. A couple of years ago, I was unlucky enough to wander into a minefield in Afghanistan. We managed to get out unscathed, but when I think back at how much I shat myself, it puts into perspective what he (and the blokes with him) did that day.

12. I think there's a fair bit of cross-funding. I know that PoppyScotland makes large donations from its profits to other service charities (combat stress, etc.).

I don't know the situation in NI, although I presume the RBL deals with it.

13. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

very good and moving video

14. Superb video.

This should be shown on all Tv channels.

Ne Obliviscaris.

15. Blinking back the tears now. Glad I'm able to do my bit collecting tomorrow.