OFficers' White Shirts

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Harry_Hesh, May 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I need to get some new white egyptian cotton white shirts (cav pattern). I am loathed to give Stefan £55 per pop for a shirt with miraculously shrinking arms after first wash.

I see Osman in Cyprus is mentioned but seeing as I'm not planning on heading to Cyprus, does anyone know of any tailors (Cypriot or what ever) that will make me some shirts at a reasonable price?

Many thanks

Harry

2. I'm surprised Stefans shirts shrunk at first wash, I've never had any problems at all with his shirts!

Anyway, as a cavalryman, surely you should simply throw money at this problem? :)

3. Hmmm never saw that one coming!

4. Buy them with longer sleeves...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I never had any problem with mine (RTR pattern) maybe Stefan is trying to tell you something.

6. Originally an infanteer hence my ape like arms. Any serious leads as to tailors?

7. I got mine from Kashket's, 40 quid or so.

8. I got a couple from The Mess Dress four years ago. Good quality (pukka dense weave gyppo cotton), fair price. My only criticism is that it took a month or two to knock the stiffness out of them.

9. I trust you meant for your Man to knock the stiffness out :wink:

10. Actually CP, the ingenious chap dropped them into the dogs’ basket as they had just finished dulling down a new Barbour.

11. Kashketts have indeed started selling white shirts, however if you fancy a superior shirt made from cotton and individually tailored can I suggest Ad Hominum? Admittedly they are quite pricey (£85 ea.) but they looks the dogs bollocks and the girls who run the company are fitties.

12. Many thanks everyone.

H

13. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

If you know anyone in Cyprus, get them to buy you the same shirt for a fraction of the cost from Stephan's shop in Larnaca.

Incidentally Osman only does tailoring, not shirt making...

C_C