Officers vs Common Soldiers... what exactly IS the difference...

Ah! I see now. In truth, a realistic figure would be £30k (based on my actual current salary).

So you say (about the toms). ;)

Me? I'll just happily stick to doing what I prefer in the environment I've worked in all my adult life for a decent salary and pension at the end of it.

So sorry for you that you weren't able to. Still, chin up. Sounds like you're living it up and bringing in the big bucks now you've left such a brutal and oppressive organisation. Good on you I say. :)
I'm on just under a grand a week take home pay, with far more leave than you. Civvie Street isn't that hard.
As a bonus no one has shitty little funds that you are expected to pay in to and great day to day perks that aren't really perks at all.

Do you still get done out of leave entitlement by having to book from "After Duties" on the Friday until "First Parade" on the Monday (so a week's leave, essentially five working days, cost you nine days off your entitlement) ?

Do you still get done out of leave entitlement by having to book from "After Duties" on the Friday until "First Parade" on the Monday (so a week's leave, essentially five working days, cost you nine days off your entitlement) ?
That finished about 20 years ago

I had the misfortune to stay in the Worthy Down Officer's mess, just after leaving (invited by a friend to the AGC Xmas (I think) ball. Some time in Winter, anyway.

The rooms had no heating (it had broken a week or two before), all single beds, and the ablutions were the shared 'Jack and Jill' type, between 2 rooms (each had a door to the bath/loo). There was no shower, just a perished rubber connector that went onto the two bath taps one end, and a shower head the other.

The water was Orange.

It was so grim, I had to trap off with a fattie to stay warm.
Did he at least have a lovely personality?

Stibbon

Old-Salt
but they do get threatened with AGAI and numerous other veiled implications.

What's that got to do with anything?
Or me?
You asked what my point was - I answered you. Keep it relevant.

It was so grim, I had to trap off with a fattie to stay warm.
I've been a bit perplexed by that statement all day.

Are you telling us that shagging a fit lass would not have kept you warm, or did you pick the fat one because she represented a bigger stock of fuel to be burned in the fireplace of the dingy un-modernised pre-war accommodation to which you were consigned?

Do the army still include weekends in your period of Annual Leave. In the police your 2 weekly rest days weren't included so if you wanted 7 days off, only five were taken as A/L which happens pretty much everywhere except the military.

They changed it about 20 years ago.

Are you telling us that shagging a fit lass would not have kept you warm, or did you pick the fat one because she represented a bigger stock of fuel to be burned in the fireplace of the dingy un-modernised pre-war accommodation to which you were consigned?
No duvet so you need to wrap yourself in the folds? Perhaps you need to seek some survival advice from ScaleyAlbereto?

I'm on just under a grand a week take home pay, with far more leave than you. Civvie Street isn't that hard.
As a bonus no one has shitty little funds that you are expected to pay in to and great day to day perks that aren't really perks at all.
Just wondering what line of work you are in that pays that - when you're on here for most of everyday.
We all must be missing a trick. Even Big Business Bob on here couldnt manage that :)

Edit (well he probably owns whatever corp pays you to arrse about)

Just wondering what line of work you are in that pays that - when you're on here for most of everyday.
We all must be missing a trick. Even Big Business Bob on here couldnt manage that :)

If you are missing a trick, it might be because you believe or believed the army bullshit that you cant do any better.

More body heat for after.

Also, the pickings of slim ladies were, well - slim pickings.

More body heat for after.

Also, the pickings of slim ladies were, well - slim pickings.
Thank fvck for that.

You're not Ted Bundy II, and you accept the the proposition that "they're all pink inside, and we're a long time dead"

All's right with the world.

Latest Threads