Officers - second marriage

Discussion in 'Officers' started by creme_brulee, Sep 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, my divorce is finally through (woohoo!!!!) and i can start getting on with things.. I've met someone new, and things are starting to look a bit, erm, long term. The dilemma rests in the fact that he's an Officer.. and my (quite frankly, pig-headed and abusive) ex is a SNCO..They are from different regiments, don't know each other, and would have no reason to ever cross paths, but I just wondered if this would cause a problem "higher up" if talk turned to matrimony.. There are also children involved whom my ex would have access to..

Has anyone ever encountered a situation like this?

* I've posted this in "The Other Half" as well, but thought that if it was posted here as well, I might get more answers!*
  2. Creme Brulee

If you love the new guy just get on with it and dont worry about everyone else. usually other people arent worrying half as much about you as you think they are.

Hope it works out for you
  3. Ignore the Officer/SNCO predicament, you are now with a new partner and rank should not matter. The most important thing is that you each put the concerns of the children first. If things were to become difficult remind yourselves of that fact. Officer/SNCO squabbling should be squashed at once.
  4. It matters not. If you're happy, just be happy.
  5. Don't let rank come in between you and your new love....You should not have any problems.... I have been there, done that ,and also got the t-shirt all in the same Regiment !....and have been married for over 6 years without any problems...Life is too short...Go with your heart not what others have too say.... Good Luck..
  6. If it seems right for you then thats all that matters, go for it.
  7. Second all above. Be Happy and enjoy life!
  8. prior to commissioning, i was married to an officer, so i'm familiar with the (perceived or otherwise) "cross-cultural divide"; we were the same Service, but different capbadge. the only raised eyebrows we ever experienced were from the SNCO side of the fence, and they were very few and far between. we were braced for torrents of disapproval when we made our engagement public, and it never really materialised. the kind of people that do have an issue with it are the kind of people that have an issue with pretty much anything upsetting their world view (ethnic minorities in the forces, earth orbitting the sun, etc), so i wouldn't worry about it. :)
  9. I thought it was the other way around. :?

but I am with you all the way, got to dash , just off to the ex Irish Rangers Trans Gender Awareness Unit (IRTGAU)

wish you both the best