Officer's Role in Attending Court with a Soldier who faces a Criminal Charge

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by schweik, Jan 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all,

If a soldier appears in a criminal court (Magistrtaes or Crown) then QRs provide for an officer to attend with him. QRs also state what the officer's function is (because IIRC he is there to represent the unit rather than the soldier). For example he should be able to explain to the court the effect on the soldier of various punishments that may be visited on him by virtue of a guilty verdict.

Can anyone point me at the relevant parts of QRs that deal with this subject? I would be most grateful.

I have attempted to search for previous threads on the topic but cannot find any using a variety of search terms.
  2. 6.174 (and J7.025B) I'm sure there are other bits too.
  3. If you are attending with one of your admin nightmares, make a small sign on a piece of cardboard that says 'please jail this man' and discreetly wave this at the judge/magistrate at the right moment.
  4. Thanks both - Idrach for the information and V-M for the chuckle.
  5. VM are you one of my old QM's lol
  6. And you can (have to!) then AGAI him - I refer you to the "Custodial Sentence" column of Table 1 of Appendix 11 to Annex D of AGAI 67 (stops, takes deep breath.) An all points win!

Providing it is an admin nightmare, of course.