Officers' Resettlement

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by AbiB, Feb 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

Like many of you, I'm going through the motions of Resettlement and trying everything so I can get a decent job in the civilian sector. I've started a Twitter feed to list various organisations, individuals and companies who have provided me with useful advice - these may be of help to you too.

https://twitter.com/#!/AbiBradley52 (@abibradley52)

I'd really appreciate you forwarding information about any sites you have found useful in your search for civilian employment. I have listed a fair few already, whilst offering my own tips about Stratford Business School officers' accreditation etc. Please check out my page and help the ever-growing body of officers about to jump-ship.

Look forward to hearing from you and good luck everyone!!

Abi

2. I've just followed you Abi, there's some really good stuff on your feed. I hit the job market about a year ago and was very lucky, getting an IT security contract role less than 10 miles from home. A year later, I'm still there but I watch the job market like a hawk and I get contacted by headhunters and recruiters every week. I put most of that good fortune down to preparation, preparation, preparation. I'm very happy with my CV and I am always keeping it (and variants thereof) up to speed. Also important to leverage LinkedIn, find out who knows who, then use it to target people, organisations and functional / skills areas.

Good luck getting your second career launched.

3. Get yourself registered with the List: Ex Military Jobs - Ex Forces Recruitment - UK Ex Forces Business Network

And, Good Luck!

Edited to add: Ah! It seems as if I've been beaten to it - see Peem above. I didn't recognise the rather long winded link address. However, still make sure you sign up with the List and go along to a 'Liquid List' meeting if you can.