Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Officers Quarters Tidworth

Just got wind that i have been blessed with a posting in Tidworth.

Looking for Captain's quarters with 1 x baby on order, for myself and the other half to move into.

Down on a Recce this week,

Are the quarters any good?
Rough location in garrison area?
Any places to be targeted/avoided.

Cheers.

I'd have to check the JSP, but quarters come furnished, part furnished, or empty. You have to supply the baby yourseleves. Don't worry, there's a DIN on that too no doubt!

Furze Hill Road are great houses with good size gardens and plenty of room. You can also fit a table in the kitchen.

The only problem you might have is getting past the majors without babies who keep getting allocated Type V quarters.

Perham Down is quite a way outside Tidworth so probably avoid those.

Bishops Close and the other closes around there are pretty small and have galley kitchens and a tiny third bedroom.

Getting all nostalgic - lived in Furze Hill Rd (#5 to be precise) in 1965-66: yes, quite spacious, but then my parents had 3 sprogs by then. Well remember the coke burning stoves & metal framed (single glazed) windows - all seemed a tad primitive having previously been in Germany where the quarters were centrally heated (HUGE boiler in cellar etc) with double windows you could sit between.

Recently had a look at the old place - much better appointed; double glazed, properly heated etc., & it's relatively conveniently situated for local shops, primary school etc..

Although posted to Tidworth, I got a place in Bulford. The houses on Wellington Road/Aukland Road are very good I think: big bedrooms and you can get a table in the kitchen. Me and Mr's GA had to buy a bigger TV. Big gardens as well.

Also, if you are that way inclined its a 5 miler across the ridgeline (with great views) to get to work

I had the honour of living in Bishops Close, worst 1/4 we ever had! (also came haunted for a bit until god squad did his dance). You are pratically living on top of each other. God forsaken place.