Officers Number/Pay

Discussion in 'Officers' started by ROTTSED, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having comissioned over half a year ago I am still without an officers number and therefore backpay. I have spoken to various figures in my CoC and theres seems to be a comedy of errors delaying the afformentioned, the latest one being JPA.

Do any ARRSERS have any ideas on how to progress this?

Any thoughts welcome.

R

2. a WHOLE half year? tell me, is that anything like six months?

sorry.

3. Well, that makes me feel a bit better - I have been waiting over three months, and thought that was a long time.

I'll just crawl back under my rock, I guess.

4. EH? So they didn't get around to giving you your six figures at the factory?

Very strange.

Are you special cases, or did your entire intake get held up?

5. Well, I'm trying to find that out. I think it's the whole intake (i.e., everyone that was at my commissioning board interview).

I'm a PQO - we get our numbers (or at least we are supposed to) before we get to the factory.

FF.

6. Bizarrely, under JPA, apparently all new Officers will receive an 8 figure number, as we found out when 2 new subbies arrived from the factory this month.

7. msr

msr LE

No and under the old system there was no way to transfer you from being a soldier to officer without asking for your NI number and all sorts of other crap which the army already holds.

msr

8. We all receive 8 figure numbers on arrival at RMAS. You would then get your 6 fig number in time for commissioning.

If there is a delay it could be a JPA thing, but I wouldn't like to guess.

9. Has anyone fed you the Glasgow "upstairs/downstairs" line yet? Apparently it's incredibly difficult to arrange to have someone's docs etc move from one floor to another when one changes at the stroke of midnight from "soldier" to officer.

It all must be such a terrible inconvenience for Glasgow!