Officers MQ in London - Notting Hill

Discussion in 'Officers' started by FOO2U, Feb 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm posted (assigned?) to London in October and am trying to find some details about the married quarters in Notting Hill. I'm aware it's a VCDS priority patch and they're flats, but that's about it.

Does anyone know anything about the place? I'll call the HIC to see what they can tell me but the web doesn't seem to throw up much.

Thanks.

2. If you're not on 'the list' - you won't get one...

3. Thanks - exceptions do seem to be made. I'm aware it's not an entitlement and not guaranteed (much like any other application).

4. I fell into that trap. Unless you have a Lt Col in a very importany job at minimum prepared to justify why you should get one, forget it.

Just go for The Keep like everyone else and enjoy the bike ride in of a morning, gets the phys out the way for the day...

5. Thanks again - does anyone know about Notting Hill quarters?

6. They're ok, even good I guess. 60s styling, 3 bedrooms, small kitchen, good sized sitting room. Even a little balcony. We had a look but decided against as it really is in the centre of crowdsville. I just couldn't face walking through all the hippies on my way home in the evening.

That said, a couple of friends have brought up their familes there and absolutely loved it.

7. Thanks FFS. The HIC were kind enough to give me the postcode and some more details too - looks like they might be worth a punt...

8. PM sent.

9. Be aware that there are also quarters in other areas apart from The Keep. Some are very nice and in good areas of South London. Worth a look and much better than the other options.

10. Thanks all - I now have a pdf file with most of the London SFA (some with phots) if anyone is interested.

11. Hi I am to be posted to London and have no idea where London quarters are, the web and AWS all seem pretty sparse on info, so if you wouldn't mind forwarding any details you have discovered that would be really useful. Many thanks

12. Mate of mine lives there - he's moving on shortly. The place looks like Divis from the outside but inside is pretty good. No garden though. Plenty of famous neighbours!

13. Try Coldstream Gardens, Wandsorth - not too bad

14. Send me an email and I'll reply with the PDF guide (it's a little out of date and not totallly comprehensive - but far better than anything High Wycombe HIC have).

We went for Coldstream Gardens in the end - better for kids/pets etc.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  15. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

The WO1 in the HIC is a top bloke and extremely helpful. PM me for his number if you are still looking.

C_C