Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Officers marriage Quarters?

kimmy2014

Swinger
Hello my husband is being stationed at RAF Halton in the next couple of months. What are the officers marriage quarters like? Ive never lived in military accommodation before. What is it like for us wives?

Same grade as quarters across the rest of the Services; Halton is a nice estate and the Officers' Mess - Halton House (a Rothschild Mansion) - is rather nice.

The terms these days are 'Service Family Accommodation'. If you contact the Defence Infrastructure Organisation Housing Office, they can walk you though the estate Google-street like.

Thank you Crash :) thanks for the link Harry. I tried google but couldn't find anything or any other posts from people who actually experienced it.

Hi Kimmy,
My husband starts on Monday and we have just applied for a quarter as only just got posting ref..
He is army too.
Hoping to be there ASAP.
We took a look round the area. The houses all look the same from the outside, (not great) but spacious.
The mess is lovely...
Officers are on high moors, perch meadow, the orchard and mansion hill.
Join Halton ladies on FB, as there is lots of info on there x

Hello my husband is being stationed at RAF Halton in the next couple of months. What are the officers marriage quarters like? Ive never lived in military accommodation before. What is it like for us wives?

No idea what the pads are like - but Wendover's very nice and, if you're very lucky, you'll see my arse on a push iron hoofing past your pad on the 1st June.