Officers Legal Liability Insurance

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Von-Ryan, Apr 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been on the phone to Towergate Wilsons where I was hoping to take out Legal Liability Insurance. I am about to lead an AT expedition and wanted to protect myself against being sued should anything go wrong. BTW this is not a debate about whether people should sue me, whether I should be concerned etc - that's already settled in my mind. Speak to anyone who has found himself at the sharp end of a criminal investigation or even a coroner's court when an accident has occurred and grieving families want someone to blame.

TW have just stopped offering the insurance - no reason given. Does anyone know any other broker offering it?
  2. Von Ryan

Forces Financial's Service Fund Insurance can provide legal liability cover that includes negligence, misstatement, misleading statement or negligent misrepresentation, as well as corporate manslaughter.

Should an adventurous training expedition be in the non public sector - where you require your own travel, medical, repatriation cover - then the liability you refer to can be included if your establishment has allowed for this cover within your Service Funds insurance.

If this is not the case, or your requirement is more urgent you could send us a pm with your contact details and we will try to assist you.