Officers Grant

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by dui-lai, Oct 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi folks,

how much grant does a TA Officer get for Service Dress & Mess Dress these days????

Cheers

2. £10000 and £12 a year after that.

3. I suspect that that should be £1000 8O

4. A grand! Since when?

5. £1000? Wow, that will buy me 28.57% of my mess dress!

6. How do we get this £1000?? I only get the £12 a yeah... which means i can afford 1 button a year towards my service dress.

7. When I was in back in the 80s, it used to be £300.

That was an initial allownace for purchase of uniform, and the yearly some was for maintenance and re-ranking.

Now I'm moving to Crab TA, and I suspect they will supply No1 uniform, and give me a yearly allowance as above.

Just out of interest, my Service Dress from Goldings cost me all of my allowance back then, not including hat!

8. In 1983 I received the princely sum of £45 for uniform grant, with the promise of a crisp tenner each year thereafter. Needless to say the automatic payment seldom was.

9. Thanks for that folks, will make my wife happy to know I only have to fork out some £700 to make up the short fall!!!!!

10. If you are commissioning into the Signals don't for heaven's sake skimp on your service dress - or if you do, don't get photographed at RMAS!

11. OK so I lied :) But not about the £12 a year.I seem to recall receiving £71 back in 1980 and a further £54? in 1992 on promotion to field rank (which purchased 1/3 of a hat at the time).I suspect a similar pittance is paid today.

12. In 1983 I hadn't even started primary school! ;)

13. Work hard and you may yet finish!

14. msr

msr LE

It has also been raised with some very grown-ups on a recent TA LEOC course, viz why are we expected to be dressed the same as regular officers when we get approx 1/3 of their budget?

msr