• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

OFFICER'S CAP BADGES

Are you sure you're not getting the Royal Engineers Officers Cap badge (flaming bomb with "Ubique" underneath embroidered in Gold Wire)
mixed up with the RA Collar badges?

just an idea!

Artillery officers (less RHA) wear the embroidered gun badge (RHA an embroidered Cypher) in their berets. RE wear the grenade.

Old RA side caps have the Ubique 'bomb' on them. I have one, and am sometimes forced to wear it when in barrack dress.

There was one for sale on Ebay t'other day.

Side caps!!!!!!!! I dont believe for one minute that a regular regiment would allow anyone to wear that terrible mistake for a headdress during the working week.

I dont believe for one minute that a regular regiment would allow anyone to wear that terrible mistake for a headdress during the working week.
You said it!!

Not a regular regiment, and not during the (my) working week!

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks, chaps, I just had a packet of each in the drawer and couldn't work our what was what. So the flaming arrsehole is a sidecap job.

cheers

MiB

GunnersQuadrant said:
*mumbles*.........."Bah bloody TA RA"........."AD ...Grr!".
:D
i thought you'd be pleased at more of your AD brethren posting here GQ :D

*dons body armour and helmet and awaits the backlash* 8

MODS INSERT
: I changed a word around earlier as me and papa have a running joke going on. He is NOTan AD geezer and is in a bunny regiment. Even though he wants to be a cloud puncher :D

papa_lazaroo said:
i thought you'd be pleased at more of my AD brethren posting here GQ :D

*dons body armour and helmet and awaits the backlash* 8)
As the Gunners moderator i am to represent all disciplines within the Royal Regiment papa. :D

GunnersQuadrant said:
papa_lazaroo said:
i thought you'd be pleased at more of my AD brethren posting here GQ :D

*dons body armour and helmet and awaits the backlash* 8)
As the Gunners moderator i am to represent all disciplines within the Royal Regiment papa. :D
Only cos his rockets are kept in the same "Do not break glass unless world war 3 declared" cabinet as your missamiles. :lol:

Your an OP? ie, either 1. A trench or 2. A warrior OPV.

Obviously an OP(A) but still not clever enough to be GCS.

Beep...........Beep...........Beep...........Beep...........B "Oh, f*ck this DMU"
:D

GCS? don't you mean CGS? :D mwahaha! one day!

command systems... bunnies with scales! :p

and i'm option 1: the trench *mumble mumble* bloody dismounted OP'ing. bring back our warriors...*mumble mumble*