officers and soldiers

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by willbeofficer, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi guys,
    unfortunatly my RAF application was unsuccessful due to poor eyesight, so now im considering a cereer as an army officer. im not quite sure about the particulars though, so maybe some of you can help me;
    firstly, what are the key differences between officers and soldiers?
    secondly, which is a good regiment to join if i want to see action?
    finally, if i do the three year minimum commission, will i end up a lieutenant or a captain?
    ta :D
  2. ... you have failed the first test.
  3. im sorry, how so?
    lol is there some sort of initiation?
  4. Not a fan of capital letters?
  5. Oh Dear.

You, young man, if indeed you are a man, as Applehead so rightly says, have failed the first test in spectacular fashion.
    Your eyesight is clearly terrible - your spelling is appalling..... I could go on but I won't.
    My advice to you is go back to the RAF and tell them you want to be a Rockape - they'll understand.
    Meanwhile, please change your 'name' to wontbeofficer.
    Heaven help us.
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

OK, I'm calling Wah first!
  7. A good call, Gremlin, but I don't think it is....... sadly.
  8. msr

msr LE

And I call Grammar Nazi!
  9. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

It has to be.
  10. The original poster will probably be commisioned and become an SD Nazi after all that abuse!
  11. Thank you MSR. Well spotted, sorry a typo - now corrected. His grammar was something I could have gone on about.....

Meanwhile 'And I call Grammar Nazi' - should that be "I'm"?
  12. If you wanted to see action why were you joining the RAF?
  13. ok, ill ignore the unfriendly untertones on those posts.
    by calling wah, what do you mean? thats some nickname or slang i assume?
    and why , if youre right and im not good enough for the army, why on earth would i then be good enough for the rock apes?
    also i joined the raf to fly planes, so id like to join the army to be a soldier. id like to be on the main thrust of whichever service i go to
    and whats an sd nazi?
  14. There you go, you will have a fruitful career as an officer, as you believe yourself to be above others already.
  15. If main thrust is your concern, then maybe 3 Para Mortars would be your cup of tea. :roll: