Officers and privates in relationships

Discussion in 'Officers' started by In_love, Apr 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello.

I am a Private soldier in a TA infantry unit and my girlfriend is in a core unit. Unfortunately, she has applied and been accepted into Rupert School. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how my lowly status will go down with her new peers and the Army at large?

Will she be asked to dump me?

Will she be asked to keep it quiet?
    Will I be advised to “retire”? (oh noes my TA career!!!)

Will she just get a bit of light hearted stick for it in the Mess?

I mean it is not as though I am some uneducated, knuckle dragging, untermensch[FONT=&quot] – because I am a Profession and currently earn more then most Majors. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Another reason for me asking is, i am about to mobilise for 17 and I don’t really fancy a nice “Dear John letter” in a few months.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You advise is both valued and appreciated. [/FONT]
  2. C- for effort.
  3. C- for effort?
    D- for spelling.
    D- for grammar

• Like Like x 3
  4. wah, wah, waaaahhhh! [in sarcastic trumpet mode]
  5. Oh dear.
  6. No need to be harsh
  7. As long as you only conduct your relationship between 2359 and 0001 hrs they can't touch you, and if you stay in for 22 as a private you will get an RSM's pension, and if someone wakes you up you can twat them within the first 2 minutes and not be charged, and you can walk across the parade square smoking a pipe, and you can wear your auntie's milkman's medals on your right hip pocket, and... what day is pay day
    • Like Like x 2
  8. And you can punch her in the face and say she woke you up with a start.
  9. Could I inquire as to what your day to day profession is, that earns you more than most Majors?

I only ask, as earning 50k+ at your age (18 at a guess) is quite an achievement!
  10. You are TA, that rule only counts for real soldiers.
  11. I'm a Doctor (MD) and English isn't my first language.
  12. I told you it would all go wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. You're an MD an a private in a TA infantry unit? You're about to go away for six months and you're being allowed this sabbatical by the GMC?

Nice try.
  14. Really? Fascinating. Not.

The idioms tend to put the lie into that. I'm also pretty sure an MD doesn't hand out ADVISE. Give it up, quit while you can.
  15. What is your first language? Pashtun?
    • Like Like x 1