Officer with a map springs to mind - wrong court

You could not make this up.

MoD bungle gives squatters reprieve

Squatters who invaded army homes in Putney are laughing after the Ministry of Defence tried to get them evicted but went to the wrong court.

Officials tried to obtain a court order last Tuesday at West County Court in Hammersmith, but the judge immediately threw it out, saying they should have gone to Wandsworth County Court in Putney.

Now it will take a further two weeks to evict the 200-strong group from William Gardens, as the MoD waits for a decision on their second application.

One resident said: “It’s laughable. I would imagine the MoD would have proper legal representation. This whole episode is so embarrassing for them.

“The squatters haven’t caused us any trouble and they always smile and say hello.

“But we are just cross that they are there. No-one should live rent free unless they are very desperate and they don’t seem to be. I hope the MoD will secure the site when they leave.”

If approved, the new permanent eviction notice will take force on Monday, September 22 at 10.30am, when the squatters will be given 24 hours to leave.

They have lived there for about a month, but more came after Lambeth Council evicted over 100 from Limerick Court in Clapham two weeks ago.

The Putney homes were being vacated ready to be refurbished for the families of servicemen, including those returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.

But as soon as the last family left, squatters arrived in vans and taxis and now the area is strewn with rubbish and food waste.
Possibly we could save the courts time and ask a few of those returning from Afghanistan, if they would "assist" in evicting the squatters from their homes?

So not only are they being work-shy scabbing layabouts, they are preventing these homes from being refurbished ready for families of those returning from Iraq and Afghanistan?? They should be ashamed of themselves!

Of course, they won't feel ashamed or even a tiny bit guilty. Send them out to A or I and see how they like it when they get back to be told their new homes aren't ready because of selfish sponging scum! :x

(sorry for rant - I'm in a bad mood today

kes1 said:
So not only are they being work-shy scabbing layabouts, they are preventing these homes from being refurbished ready for families of those returning from Iraq and Afghanistan?? They should be ashamed of themselves!

Of course, they won't feel ashamed or even a tiny bit guilty. Send them out to A or I and see how they like it when they get back to be told their new homes aren't ready because of selfish sponging scum! :x

(sorry for rant - I'm in a bad mood today

You've almost doubled in size standing on that soapbox :lol:

Seemingly Defence Estates want them out as they've already caused £400,000 worth of improvements :D

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
ABrighter2006 said:
You could not make this up.

MoD bungle gives squatters reprieve

Squatters who invaded army homes in Putney are laughing after the Ministry of Defence tried to get them evicted but went to the wrong court.

Officials tried to obtain a court order last Tuesday at West County Court in Hammersmith, but the judge immediately threw it out, saying they should have gone to Wandsworth County Court in Putney.

Now it will take a further two weeks to evict the 200-strong group from William Gardens, as the MoD waits for a decision on their second application.

One resident said: “It’s laughable. I would imagine the MoD would have proper legal representation. This whole episode is so embarrassing for them.

“The squatters haven’t caused us any trouble and they always smile and say hello.

“But we are just cross that they are there. No-one should live rent free unless they are very desperate and they don’t seem to be. I hope the MoD will secure the site when they leave.”

If approved, the new permanent eviction notice will take force on Monday, September 22 at 10.30am, when the squatters will be given 24 hours to leave.

They have lived there for about a month, but more came after Lambeth Council evicted over 100 from Limerick Court in Clapham two weeks ago.

The Putney homes were being vacated ready to be refurbished for the families of servicemen, including those returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.

But as soon as the last family left, squatters arrived in vans and taxis and now the area is strewn with rubbish and food waste.
Possibly we could save the courts time and ask a few of those returning from Afghanistan, if they would "assist" in evicting the squatters from their homes?
Haha yeah, and when I joined I thought we'd have decent technology. This is what happens when a C2 with a certificate for a 2-week legal training course at Admiral House gets asked to look at something actually related to laws. Government work does not imply Gucci service, kit, procedures...

BrunoNoMedals said:
This is what happens when a C2 with a certificate for a 2-week legal training course at Admiral House gets asked to look at something actually related to laws.

Little harsh there Bruno.

MoD legal posts require qualified legal executives with experience and also membership or Fellowship of ILEX or Law Society equivalents or other such qualifications (not being a legal type person - I don't know the correct terms).

BarryBuddon said:
Ding Ding fellas all aboard, I've got the work ticket so I'm driving...
BB - You obviously don't understand the rules applicable to "the bus" - the bus can only be First Paraded, at the point where at least one poster, has uttered the "O word" - now referred to in Voldemort terms, to avoid the inevitable automatic searches that now look for that word.

Biscuits_AB - stand down fella! :D

ABrighter2006 said:
BarryBuddon said:
BB - You obviously don't understand the rules applicable to "the bus" - the bus can only be First Paraded, at the point where at least one poster, has uttered the "O word" - now referred to in Voldemort terms, to avoid the inevitable automatic searches that now look for that word.

Roger that... I'm outraged!

All aboard! Ding Ding baggsy looking down the periscope at the driver!

ABrighter2006 said:
BarryBuddon said:

Not only that, but the bus is Green Fleet. And the Fam Trg is only available as part of a Resettlement Course. (It's a fuel economy measure).

putteesinmyhands said:
ABrighter2006 said:
BarryBuddon said:

Not only that, but the bus is Green Fleet. And the Fam Trg is only available as part of a Resettlement Course. (It's a fuel economy measure).
Does Ritchies count?

Considering that this is service property, what would the repercussions be if, say for instance, a training exercise were to be held there, involving CS pellets and loadsa smoke?

It'll be a bit like whinney hill without the nobber of a civvie making the lads pick up 10 year old brass he found in long grass then?

urban combat training? y'know, with all them blank rounds, shouting and loud noises, should scare them sh!tless.

Nope. You need a risk assesment, EASP, training area risk assesment WHT's on all pyro and weapons and that will take at least a month to sort out :roll: