Officer webbing

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Panoptes, Sep 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Gents,

This topic, may be in the wrong forum, and MODs please move it as applicable.

I am however wondering exactly how an officer packs his or her webbing and bergan, i.e. contents and poushes etc...

I'm aware that officers have slightly different kit to their men, such as model kits, orders books.

I am simply wondering how an officer, esp. infantry officer, assembles and packs his or her own webbing.

Sorry if it's a bone question, I'm just quite interested.

Thanks

-PAN

2. After PCBC - carefully and without excess shiite.

3. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

Seconded

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

1. Better ask my orderly...

2. More seriously, your webbing is for basic essentials: bullets, water, a little food and so on. I've always carried orders books, TAMs etc in my pockets in order not to get separated from them. I don't think I've made a model since I did my PQS 1 practical (Lt to Capt exam), but I suspect f I still carried a model kit I would put it in my daysack or rocket pouches.

5. am however wondering exactly how an officer packs his or her webbing and bergan, i.e. contents and poushes etc...

At the last minute - remember the old chinese saying

"He who packs early packs twice"

or in the original

他兩次包裝早期的組裝

Agree about post PCBC pack lightly and with the very very basics.

Also never seen a model kit after my time in the factory

6. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

The few times I've seen models since the factory/PCBC was:

1. Drawn in chalk on side of a vehicle/wall.
    2. Done on the ground in a wood/on a farmhouse floor.

Each time they were done as per the instructions given in the my/the OC's Wng O and were done by the time I came to writing orders. They were not drawn/built by me and certainly not by my OC! All I did was check details and add the symbols relating to my plan.

7. Right, guys thanks for the info.

In summary: pack it as an ordinary soldier would, and put any extra stuff in bergan/daysack/pockets.

Thanks

-PAN

8. Keep it to the essentials. Most people, of all ranks, carry far too much kit both on ex and on ops - you're the one who has to carry it and, quite frankly, how many changes of clothes are you going to get through? How often are you going to be able to show off all that gucci kit that you spent last month's beer money on? How many pot noodles do you need etc etc

finally, when the bad guys start taking an interest in your general direction, ammo and water are what you need - and possibly a change of underwear!

9. Pack ones own kit - baah humbug what else would the batman do !!