Officer vs Soldier Int Corps Reserve

Hi
Not sure if this has been addressed previously but couldn't pull up any clear info.
I have been advised that Int Corps now has a policy of leading all recruits into soldier path which sounds quite right considering the nature of the job and training required. But my question is that for someone in their late 30s who was hoping to join as a reserve officer and rise through the ranks wouldn't this mean that you're put behind the queue for decades to get to let's say Lt? Wouldn't it be wise to join Infantry as an officer and then do training for Int? Are there routes or structures I am not aware of? Is there a specific route to do soldier training and then move immediately into officer training? Appreciate any thoughts and feedback.

Hi
Not sure if this has been addressed previously but couldn't pull up any clear info.
I have been advised that Int Corps now has a policy of leading all recruits into soldier path which sounds quite right considering the nature of the job and training required. But my question is that for someone in their late 30s who was hoping to join as a reserve officer and rise through the ranks wouldn't this mean that you're put behind the queue for decades to get to let's say Lt? Wouldn't it be wise to join Infantry as an officer and then do training for Int? Are there routes or structures I am not aware of? Is there a specific route to do soldier training and then move immediately into officer training? Appreciate any thoughts and feedback.
Fairly recent but 2nd hand, i have a friend, age 35, who's currently joining as Slime reserve officer on my encouragement. He has so many boxes ticked, having myself been on the fringes of Muppetry and with some old codger mates still in..... anyway, this is only 6 months ago and Officer was all that was discussed.

He has some attributes that would indicate commission-law degree, very relevant MSc., as well as languages, not sure if that's why it was pips rather than stripes from the kick off.

As is so often the answer on recruity questions, talk to the unit. You may have been misinformed, and anyway, policies are there to be bent.

Especially by unconventional wierdos like the Kermits.

Buddy!

War Hero
All questions and more can be answered on the Int Corps various Social Media pages. Check out Facebook... They are very active and have regular Webinar and Q&A sessions answering all these questions and more.

Don't expect to get current information on here, the majority aren't in the Army or served years ago.

Fairly recent but 2nd hand, i have a friend, age 35, who's currently joining as Slime reserve officer on my encouragement. He has so many boxes ticked, having myself been on the fringes of Muppetry and with some old codger mates still in..... anyway, this is only 6 months ago and Officer was all that was discussed.

He has some attributes that would indicate commission-law degree, very relevant MSc., as well as languages, not sure if that's why it was pips rather than stripes from the kick off.

As is so often the answer on recruity questions, talk to the unit. You may have been misinformed, and anyway, policies are there to be bent.

Especially by unconventional wierdos like the Kermits.
Thank you. You are right, I should talk to the unit directly. I also have advanced degree and language skills but was still advised that is the policy now.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
You need to first decide if you want to do stuff, or manage the staff work so others can do stuff. Once decided, apply and you'll know if you have what they want. And I'm sure a phone call to Corps recruiting will answer all your questions.

Latest Threads