Officer Unit Help!

Hello i am new to this forum so i am sorry if this is in the wrong place but basically i am thinking of joining the British Army as a Officer in the Royal Engineers and i know that once you finish at Sandhurst you can pick where you would like to be placed i.e 24 Commandos RE. And basically i have heard that if you join 24 Commandos or the Paras after 2 years you move to a new unit is this true and if so does that mean that you would move to say a different commando unit or does it mean that you would then go to another Engineer support group like the Paras Engineer regiment.

You would select Royal Engineers and hopefully get accepted.

If it is like the RA, you then choose your regiment when on your RE Young officers course (like Phase 2 training for officers after Sandhurst). You could choose 24 Regt (if that's a Commando Engineer Regt) and they may have a space and you would go there, complete the AACC and then serve your tour with them. The length of a RE Officer tour is probably about 2 years and then you would go to another Regiment - possibly another Cdo, possibly the Para Engineers regt (if you ask), possibly not - I am unsure of the RE officer career progression (for example, you may need to do a stint at soldier training as a Troop Commander, or something NOT at Regimental Duty).

You would progress through your tours, completing job types, working towards Adjt and promotion to major.

Hello i am new to this forum so i am sorry if this is in the wrong place but basically i am thinking of joining the British Army as a Officer in the Royal Engineers and i know that once you finish at Sandhurst you can pick where you would like to be placed i.e 24 Commandos RE. And basically i have heard that if you join 24 Commandos or the Paras after 2 years you move to a new unit is this true and if so does that mean that you would move to say a different commando unit or does it mean that you would then go to another Engineer support group like the Paras Engineer regiment.
Ask for a comma for your next birthday...

Literacy test ....FAIL....Try getting a command on the tills at Tesco or Sainsbury's

Im sorry i thought this was a forum where people ask questions not a forum where people get scrutinized by multiple members because of a few mistakes, im pretty sure your not perfect with your literacy 100% of the time.

Yep just because my writing wasn't perfect on here doesn't mean i didn't get an A, im writing on a forum not a letter to the Queen. And to be honest i thought this forum was full of service or ex-service men who could help people out with there questions, but it seems to just be filled with thugs who scrutinize and bully people.

Yep just because my writing wasn't perfect on here doesn't mean i didn't get an A, im writing on a forum not a letter to the Queen. And to be honest i thought this forum was full of service or ex-service men who could help people out with there questions, but it seems to just be filled with thugs who scrutinize and bully people.
The Army is all about getting your writing correct. Doesn't matter if you're a good Officer if your writing, grammar and spelling is shite. Your writing is appalling. 'I' not 'i' and 'I'm' not 'im'.

In the words of Sherard Cowper-Coles; "Sloppy writing means sloppy thinking'.

Yes i know but this is a forum i dont need to be perfect with my grammar im not going to take the extra time to put an i into a capital i when i really dont need to.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
well he will have plenty of time to practise with all those big long essays he'll have to do.

this 2 year thing thats that new book and box ticking stuff isnt it? little bro is getting hammered by it all the time as he keeps trying to stay but even when medically downgraded they insist on moving him about. his last move glasgow insisted because this unit was diffy 2 capts and deploying, now it turns out they cant deploy with role for him or his oc so they've moved him up the road to deploy with someone else. lots of fun. he might get out on patrol this time though, last time his oc was a micromanager type and a classic tosser from chatting to the sncos.

Obviously django strikes is actually here to help people and not be a thug, also he had no problem reading my post otherwise he wouldn't of answered with such a good question and he has also been here alot longer than you and posted alot more than you so if anyone should be scrutinizing me it should be him.

Latest Threads