Officer Unit Help!

Discussion in 'Officers' started by MaxG, Jul 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello i am new to this forum so i am sorry if this is in the wrong place but basically i am thinking of joining the British Army as a Officer in the Royal Engineers and i know that once you finish at Sandhurst you can pick where you would like to be placed i.e 24 Commandos RE. And basically i have heard that if you join 24 Commandos or the Paras after 2 years you move to a new unit is this true and if so does that mean that you would move to say a different commando unit or does it mean that you would then go to another Engineer support group like the Paras Engineer regiment.
  2. You would select Royal Engineers and hopefully get accepted.

If it is like the RA, you then choose your regiment when on your RE Young officers course (like Phase 2 training for officers after Sandhurst). You could choose 24 Regt (if that's a Commando Engineer Regt) and they may have a space and you would go there, complete the AACC and then serve your tour with them. The length of a RE Officer tour is probably about 2 years and then you would go to another Regiment - possibly another Cdo, possibly the Para Engineers regt (if you ask), possibly not - I am unsure of the RE officer career progression (for example, you may need to do a stint at soldier training as a Troop Commander, or something NOT at Regimental Duty).

You would progress through your tours, completing job types, working towards Adjt and promotion to major.
  3. Ask for a comma for your next birthday...
  4. I never needed to pause while reading it...
  5. Also, don't start sentences with bl@@dy conjunctions! Not very officer-like.
  6. Literacy test ....FAIL....Try getting a command on the tills at Tesco or Sainsbury's
  7. Try reading it out loud. Where you breathe, you pause.
  8. Im sorry i thought this was a forum where people ask questions not a forum where people get scrutinized by multiple members because of a few mistakes, im pretty sure your not perfect with your literacy 100% of the time.
  9. Sorry i do know that im not stupid it was meant to be a comma. I did get an A in English...
  10. YOU'RE

An 'A' in English. Great God almighty.
  11. Yep just because my writing wasn't perfect on here doesn't mean i didn't get an A, im writing on a forum not a letter to the Queen. And to be honest i thought this forum was full of service or ex-service men who could help people out with there questions, but it seems to just be filled with thugs who scrutinize and bully people.
  12. Well if you do get a command you're bound to be in charge of loads of jolly hockey stick soldiers who love nothing more than pillow fights and lashings of ginger beer.
  13. Okay may sound a bit stupid but i have no idea what you mean.

14. Fixed that for you - no charge...carry on....
  15. The Army is all about getting your writing correct. Doesn't matter if you're a good Officer if your writing, grammar and spelling is shite. Your writing is appalling. 'I' not 'i' and 'I'm' not 'im'.

In the words of Sherard Cowper-Coles; "Sloppy writing means sloppy thinking'.