Officer Type Dogs

#1
Sorry if this has been done before. Just wanted to get the views of you blokes. Would an officer keep a boxer dog, and more importantly, would an ex officer keep 3 or 4 of them. In my limited experience, officers seemed to specialise in labrador type dogs.
 
#4
brummieboy1 said:
Sorry if this has been done before. Just wanted to get the views of you blokes. Would an officer keep a boxer dog, and more importantly, would an ex officer keep 3 or 4 of them. In my limited experience, officers seemed to specialise in labrador type dogs.
No, one would, in general, keep a batman, who in turn would keep the dog, carrying out with due diligence those tiresome feeding and lavatorial duties, thus freeing one up to concentrate on merely enjoying said dog.
 
#6
brummieboy1 said:
Sorry if this has been done before. Just wanted to get the views of you blokes. Would an officer keep a boxer dog, and more importantly, would an ex officer keep 3 or 4 of them. In my limited experience, officers seemed to specialise in labrador type dogs.
Boxers seem to be the current dog of choice for officers.
 
#7
I'd better come clean here. On a site I go on, there's a bloke who likes to come across as an ex officer, although he has never said as much.

He keeps a rake of boxer dogs, and I just don't see him as officer material, the bloke not the dogs.
 
#11
brummieboy1 said:
I'd better come clean here. On a site I go on, there's a bloke who likes to come across as an ex officer, although he has never said as much.

He keeps a rake of boxer dogs, and I just don't see him as officer material, the bloke not the dogs.
So are you suggesting he is some kind of stealth walt?
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#12
brummieboy1 said:
I'd better come clean here. On a site I go on, there's a bloke who likes to come across as an ex officer, although he has never said as much.

He keeps a rake of boxer dogs, and I just don't see him as officer material, the bloke not the dogs.
So you are trying to decide if someone is a officer walt based on his choice of dog?

Give me strength, the idiot element is alive and well on the site today.
 
#15
The_Duke said:
So you are trying to decide if someone is a officer walt based on his choice of dog?

Give me strength, the idiot element is alive and well on the site today.
The dog might be wearing incorrect medals. Its always a Walt giveaway.
 
#19
brummieboy1 said:
I'd better come clean here. On a site I go on, there's a bloke who likes to come across as an ex officer, although he has never said as much.

He keeps a rake of boxer dogs, and I just don't see him as officer material, the bloke not the dogs.
What in your opinion constitutes "Officer material"?
 

Latest Threads