Officer transfer between Army and RAF

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Stab83, Oct 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. *removed*
  2. Try asking the Question on E -Goat. They have a recruiting forum there.

    Linky thing:

    E Goat Recruiting Q&A
  3. Seemed to work for Prince William..... :wink:

  4. Is it really as simple as having your dad ride a horse in public?
  5. Maybe try an RAF website. What's their equiv of ARRSE?
  6. You'd still have to do OASC as they'd need the confirm if you are a foaming nutter, they won't just take your word for it I'm afraid.

    Depends how long you've been commissioned for, - you'd likely go through on the SERE (Special Entrants & Re Entrants, 12 week vicars and tarts cse). They'll make the decision as the whether you need to do the full 30 weeks on a case by case basis.
  7. I transferred from Army to RAF in '04, as did a colleague of mine. Another transferred to the RN the same year.

    You will have to do OASC, although you will not have to do all the hangar exercises (shark-infested custard et al) because the purpose of such exercises is to identify your potential as an officer, which is not in question if you already hold a commission. Thus, OASC is reduced to aptitude/medical/interview and, for me, was a day-trip.

    You may have to do SERE, although ironically enough I didn't because I'm already on the 'vicars and tarts' side of life and someone in my branch thought it'd be a waste of 12 weeks of my life.

    This was both good and bad. It saved my family from another 3 months of separation, but it meant I got dropped in to a light blue job (as an OF2 at the time) and told to crack on, without any formal reorientation to my new Service.

    Anyway, they change the rules on this kinda thing with the weather, but hopefully I've given you a 'flavour of...'