Officer Suspended Over Cow-Shocking Incident

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Stewie186, Mar 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Arkansas Morning News:

A Rogers police lieutenant will be suspended 10 days without pay for firing a department-issued electric stun device at two cows in June 2006.

Lt. David Mitchell's suspension will begin March 17, said Rogers Police Chief Steve Helms.

The department began an internal investigation into the matter last month after an animal-rights organization complained to the Police Department and city administration that Mitchell showed several colleagues a video of himself and another man firing the stun gun at a cow.

A report detailing the investigation released today stated the incident happened during the first half of June 2006 on property Mitchell owns and involved cows owned by his family.

The report says the first cow was not hit, and in fact, the device malfunctioned and shocked Mitchell and the other man, who is not a member of the Police Department.

The second attempt did strike the cow, but appeared to have no effect, the report said.

Helms said Mitchell showed him the video shortly after the incident happened, but it didn't occur to him at the time that Mitchell violated any department policy.

"I didn't look at it in its totality, I guess," Helms said.

Helms said he expects and deserves to be punished himself for not investigating the incident when it happened.

There are easier ways of getting a beefburger 8O

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Somehow this thread did not live up to the promise in its title.

3. I agree with Dukey, what we in fact wanted to read was:

A Household Cavalry lieutenant will be suspended 10 days without pay for showing how to fire a machine gun at a farmyard animal.

Lt. Wale's suspension will begin March 17, said CDS ACM Sir Glenn Torpy.
    The MOD began an internal investigation into the matter last month after an man describing himself as "internet journalist" complained to the Government that Wales showed several colleagues a video of himself and another man firing the .50 calibre machine gun at a cow.

A report detailing the investigation released today stated the incident happened during the first half of January 2008 in Afghanistan.
    The report says the first cow was not hit, and in fact, the device malfunctioned and shocked Wales and the other man, who had assumed that having been procured by the MoD it would have been "reliable".

Drudge said the BBC showed him the video shortly after the incident happened, but it didn't occur to him at the time that Wales violated any department policy.

"I didn't look at it in its totality, I guess," Drudge said "I was too keen to get a scoop on the interweb thing.".

Drudge said he expects and deserves to be punished himself for not investigating the incident when it happened and merely printing something he had "fearlessly investigatively reported" on another web-site.

4. A very moooo-ving story indeed.

Coat, door, gone...