Officer shot whilst trying to arrest gunman.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Lost_Boy, Dec 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the BBC:

BBC News - Police officer shot in West Yorkshire siege

Apparently the gunman was subsequently arrested without anyone else getting hurt. The comment by the spokeman at the end of the report is funny as ****:

"The man produced a gun and fired at the officers. A male officer in his 20s was hit and attended hospital for minor injuries.

"Armed officers have now surrounded the premises and are trying to resolve the situation peacefully although shots have continually been fired at the officers."

Police that worried about demonstrating restraint?
  2. You can't make shit like this up, it beggars belief the lack of autonomy we have against these fcukin' idiots!!

You watch if a 'rubber necker' is injured the police would be too blame - makes me seeth!!!
  3. Gunman now brown bread,according to BBC news.
  4. Police should call in CAS. A nice 1,000lber should do it.
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

It's a seige not an Afghan wedding

Anyone heard from JR111 or whatever he is these days?
  6. ONE 1,000lber dropped on some yardie shoot out or drug dealers slap fest and I reckon Plod would have a quiet few months after :D
  7. Open fire on armed police until they finally return fire; textbook Suicide by Cop.
  8. Nah, it'll take more than one to level Huddersfield. Would be worth the effort to drop a hundred or two though.
  9. Oh dear what a pity never mind.(scrote or "loveable rogue" as described on a note left by a neighbour at the scene )
  10. It's nothing to do with Autonomy on the part of the police. It's that they're afraid to do anything because of the inevitable flak that'll come their way if they do.

There's so much red tape they can only shoot back, safe in the knowledge that they won't get the sack, once every other possible solution has been exhausted.

They were exercising autonomy when they shot that Brazillian in London (as they should have) and look where that went.

The scrote is dead now anyway so it's all good.
  12. The Gold Commander was promoted and none of the CO19 officers were disciplined.

Actually, I supported the guys on the ground, since they were put in an impossible position due to the breath-taking incompetence of Ms Dick. Who should have spent the remainder of her career cleaning the boots of PCSO's.

While I accept it may be unpleasant to be under investigation for weeks, even months, I find it hard to believe AFO's get particularly stressed out by it. I cannot recall a single instance where a police officer suffered any meaningful penalty for shooting someone. And before anyone starts calling me a Western, I know that is because the majority of shootings by the police are clean. But even the few dodgy shoots don't result in any meaningful sanctions.
  13. The last time that was tried, there was a threat of a mass handing-in of gats by armed officers. IIRC, the politicians had a fit of the vapours at the suggestion that there might not be enough armed officers to defend them from the population, and normal service was quickly restored.
  14. The Harry Stanley shooting, I believe. CO19 officers were threatening to refuse to carry firearms. And they were not alone; a lot of AFO's in other forces threatened to do the same, out of sympathy, including my local farce, Lothian and Borders.

Forget the Masons; AFO's have a lot more power in the police force. Mainly because, as you pointed out, if they down tools, our so-called leaders will be left without armed protection...
  15. Why, who on earth would want to shoot our leaders?