Officer shirts

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by barbarasson, Mar 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Coles intruigingly no longer make Coles' Pattern Shirts. Can someone please recommend a supplier?

2. Follow the banner above for Garrison PRI find the phone number on the contacts page, they do sell them but they are not on the site for some reason.

The number is 01980 653 749
    or
    94 322 5059

3. Stephan Haroutunian, 95 Moore Park Rd, SW6. Get them anywhere else and they will/should be burnt.

4. re these the ones that one YO was moaning to me were cheap (but not inexpensive) tat?

5. through the system...but they're not nice

6. I thought the ones through the system were the verboten inf pattern ones. I am still wearing an ancient one i picked up at YOs for a fiver.

7. No I don't think so? Got mine through the system and nobody has said anything..........yet!

8. It must need a wash by now!

9. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Absolutely right but be aware FAD may overtake events with Gunner officers being forced down the issue shirt line.

BTW, there is a marvellous pub next door to Stephans - The Pickled Pelican...

10. Surely, that would be the sign of a failing regiment.

11. The RA might cave in but I will only accept it when I see the Rifles dress regs change...and good luck with that, FAD team!

12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I really hate having to be the one to break it you boss, but the Rifles Dress Guide was updated (again!) last month, no doubt with FAD in mind. Lo and Behold:
    pdf available here: Dress & Uniform - British Army Website see page 29.

13. I get the impression that FAD isn't as well recieved as most people might think- I agree with the sentiment- the new kit looks absolutely gash.

14. Oh, Lordy!
    Thanks for the update RP.
    *sigh*

Edited to add: Having just taken a sobering trip through the PDF that RP indicated, I did notice that there is still one concession to the old way:
    "FAD: As per ECAB direction, regimental & corps shirts & ties may be worn in No 13/14 Barrack Dress."
    So no immediate need for Viking funerals just yet...