Officer Service Dress Buttons

My boss has just asked me if I knew anywhere you could buy buttons for Service Dress - he has just changed his regiment. Can anyone help ?


War Hero
Tip - which regiment might help - most regimental RHQ's hold old sets of Officers kit - if you get stuck could try there - or Ebay :)

Baz Thanks - he has just left his regiment and is general staff now - I dont think they have a RHQ

Now he's tabbed will anyone: a) Notice b) Give a shyte that his buttons aren't GS?
I take it you mean badged 'General Service Corps' (Royal Arms on Button)

Any good military tailor will be able to supply,

Or try mail order from:

Meynell Avenue
LS26 0NU
West Yorkshire
Tel: 0113 282 6102
As he is now a full Colonel described as "Late the Loamshires/Corps of Philanderers etc".He retains his regimental service dress/mess kit/buttons and other such accoutriments except he now wears red tabs and the staff cap badge.
Naaaa he has gone from one Mess Kit to a red one - and his service dress gets red tabs but he has to change the buttons - it all seems a bit wierd to me - the QM stores doesnt help ..

Thanks for the uniformal tip

The Mess Dress should change to Staff Pattern too (although increasingly Colonels and above are retaining their original kit)

New Posts

Latest Threads