Officer Service Dress Buttons

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by THE_EDITOR, May 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My boss has just asked me if I knew anywhere you could buy buttons for Service Dress - he has just changed his regiment. Can anyone help ?

2. Tip - which regiment might help - most regimental RHQ's hold old sets of Officers kit - if you get stuck could try there - or Ebay :)

Cheers

3. Baz Thanks - he has just left his regiment and is general staff now - I dont think they have a RHQ

Ed

4. Now he's tabbed will anyone: a) Notice b) Give a shyte that his buttons aren't GS?

5. I take it you mean badged 'General Service Corps' (Royal Arms on Button)

Any good military tailor will be able to supply,

Or try mail order from:

Uniformal
    Meynell Avenue
    Rothwell
    Leeds
    LS26 0NU
    West Yorkshire
    Tel: 0113 282 6102

6. As he is now a full Colonel described as "Late the Loamshires/Corps of Philanderers etc".He retains his regimental service dress/mess kit/buttons and other such accoutriments except he now wears red tabs and the staff cap badge.

7. Naaaa he has gone from one Mess Kit to a red one - and his service dress gets red tabs but he has to change the buttons - it all seems a bit wierd to me - the QM stores doesnt help ..

Thanks for the uniformal tip

Ed

8. The Mess Dress should change to Staff Pattern too (although increasingly Colonels and above are retaining their original kit)