Officer selection qualifications

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sbbfc, Jul 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I am considering applying for officer training and am wondering if anyone has any more information relating to equivalent qualifications. I do not have the standard A levels but i do posses a HNC in Electrical and Electronic engineering, is this sufficient??? i no they ask for a minimum of 180UCAS points but HNC is not listed in the UCAS scoring tables. Any help would be greatly appreciated,
  2. Ive checked the official army website but it only lists either A levels or 180UCAS points, or equivalent qualifications. I was told by my college course leader that my HNC is kind of inbetween A levels and a degree?
  3. Then perhaps your better off speaking with a recruiter direct.

Good Luck :)
  4. And a pre-requisite is being able to spell.

You may KNOW the minimum qualifications, but you wouldn't NO the minimum.

Direct entry is with A-levels or Degree, but your HNC would carry UCAS points - try looking at UCAS website (I'm guessing now) to see if HNCs are listed and what points they carry.
  5. I just checked the UCAS site - there is a list of qualifications and what points they give you. I couldn't see HNC, but it may have a different name (BTECs were there for example).

That site may help, or the recruiters would be able to ring the department that deals with education requirements and check yours for suitability.