Officer rejoining as a Pte

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Phillip-Kotler, Jun 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've tried to search for this, and found nothing (probably because of my pants searching skills).

If an officer has rightly been asked to resign their commission, can they attempt to rejoin a different corps/regt as a Pte?
  2. AFAIK this is not allowed
  3. In leymans terms NO, you are allowed to be reduced in rank within your range as in full screw to pte etc, but not really to go lower from commissioned-non commisioned. Along same lines as Navy been the senior service not allowed to transfer down.
  4. No they could not. If you are 'asked' to resign a commission, then it is pretty serious. It's very unlikely that the Army CIO would progress the application. Why would someone want to rejoin as a junior rank after having a previous command post that they were asked to 'leave' ?
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm sure 1LI in fact C Coy had an exAndrew jimmy join as coy 2 i/c in Omagh!
  6. Once commissioned there is no turning back. I beleive some ex Officers have served as soldiers in other Armies.
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

94 will confirm if RCGJ can get the fat tart to post!
  8. Most of the above posts are not true.

I know of a an officer in a line regiment who later became a recce sergeant in another regiment. I never saw fit to ask him why - but he certainly put a few officers in their place. (Date 2004)
  9. And if you have been a pte, then you can be reduced in rank back to pte, even if you have commissioned. Although it was quite severe and I'm not convinced he really deserved it!
  10. What makes you think you can make it as an OR when you can't make it as an Officer? :twisted:

On a more serious note how would it work if such a person were allowed to join the ranks and eventually gained rank (normally WO) that made them eligable for LE commision?
  11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

What about Larry? He went from commisoned Army officer to RAF airman, was then booted out ,stint in RTR, then taken back by the RAF as an airman.
  12. Not sure we've been given the full picture here.
  13. However Larry was pals with Trenchard and could do any feckin' thing he liked couldn't he??
  14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs may have a point...he was an unusual fellow...
  15. When I was going through flying training (RAF) one of the Sgt crewmen studes was guy who'd been through Officer Training with me. He'd failed Air Traffic Control trg, resigned his commission then rejoined as NCO aircrew. One of the other studes on his cse was an ex RGJ Lt who'd decided he wanted to be an NCO crewman.

I also met a AAC pte who was in a mate's Flt. He had been, in a previous life, a Fg Off going through RAF pilot trg. He then left the RAF and went to the AAC who wouldn't take him as pilot but signed him on as a pte....