Officer Reinlistment

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Pantsoff, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now redundancy looms here in the hot place, so if all went completely pear shaped is the system looking for reinlistment of officers?

And, if so, what is the process? I presume a letter/ phone call to your desk officer at MCM div is the start?

How long is the process, has anybody been through it?

2. Well a 160 veiws but no help, I guess not many people have tried to get back into the madhouse!

3. Can't help a great deal other than to say that certainly some APC desk officers are asking Adjts to put in touch any (recent) former officers who might wish to re-join. I suspect that the gaps vary significantly by rank and seniority across the different corps.

I would suggest that you either sound out you desk officer or your Regimental/Corps Adjt (or equivalent).

B-C

4. I did ask the same question a short while ago. If memory serves for my lot it was:

Letter to MCM. If they agree then passed to board (unsure which). A quorum of senior officers then must endorse the application. Then it goes to the Corps COS. If he is content then it would be passed to the Occurences Wing at Glasgow for another round of boards and stampings.

This might just be so convoluted to put me off deliberately, but I did think at the time that it was overly bureaucratic.

Good luck in which ever choice you make.

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You could also look at FTRS.

6. Your Desk Officer at MS Div is the way forward. I suggest a phone call followed up with a letter.

7. Thanks chaps, going to flick to the Sapper Forum and see if I can get the said number.

Pants Off