Officer Mess Parties

jcarver007

War Hero
If anyone is organising a mess party and looking for something extra that’s fun and may lead to serious hangovers, Ice Agency can provide Vodka Ice Luges, Chocolate Fountains and more ....forces discounts apply on most sizes of ice sculptures and large chocolate fountains-
Perfect for Christmas mess functions but also perfect for weddings, reunions etc.

Available throughout UK and overseas. See more at www.ice-agency.com or here for images IMAGES

Attachments

Bravo_Bravo

On ROPS
On ROPs
Look, Mummy; a snob...

Look, Mummy; a snob...
And not a very clever one either, Vodka in the officers mess, it's Cognac or Champagne surely; or am I displaying my cavalry snobbery, do lesser corp's officers drink vodka.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Do WOs' and SNCOs' Mess member not like cold drinks?
First off, it's called the Sergeants' Mess. Warrant Officers may be members and preside, but it's still the Sergeants' Mess.

Secondly, grown men and women are perfectly capable of ordering drinks at their preferred temperature without indulging in vulgar, one-size (and temperature)-fits-all 'ice sculptures' and the like, probably best left where they belong, in the 'Banqueting Suite' of some deadly corporate hotel-golf club-conference centre on the outskirts of Basildon or somewhere, built to cater to the shiny suits and pointy shoes of second-rate non-FTSE 100 companies on a corporate jolly.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Toppet

Old-Salt
And not a very clever one either, Vodka in the officers mess, it's Cognac or Champagne surely; or am I displaying my cavalry snobbery, do lesser corp's officers drink vodka.
Good job the Cavalry aren't snobs about written English, eh?

All the spirits in the officers mess in my battalion had been so watered down by the mess staff having crafty sips that it wasn't even flammable anymore.

jcarver007

War Hero
First off, it's called the Sergeants' Mess. Warrant Officers may be members and preside, but it's still the Sergeants' Mess.

Secondly, grown men and women are perfectly capable of ordering drinks at their preferred temperature without indulging in vulgar, one-size (and temperature)-fits-all 'ice sculptures' and the like, probably best left where they belong, in the 'Bankqueting Suite' of some deadly corporate hotel-golf club-conference centre on the outskirts of Basildon or somewhere, built to cater to the shiny suits and pointy shoes of second-rate non-FTSE 100 companies on a corporate jolly.

Hope this helps.
[/QUOTE

I’ve lost track of the number of ice luges I’ve created for officer mess parties. No shiny suits either. And a few for cavalry too.

Secondly, grown men and women are perfectly capable of ordering drinks at their preferred temperature without indulging in vulgar, one-size (and temperature)-fits-all 'ice sculptures' and the like, probably best left where they belong, in the 'Bankqueting Suite' of some deadly corporate hotel-golf club-conference centre on the outskirts of Basildon or somewhere, built to cater to the shiny suits and pointy shoes of second-rate non-FTSE 100 companies on a corporate jolly.

Hope this helps.
It was clearly marked at the training establishment I attended as the Warrant Officers and Sergeants Mess, I remember clearly as a particularly thick lorry driver of a Yorkshire persuasion turned up during building works and asked at the gates for somebody called "Warren Offices-Mess" and would not be told that this wasn't someones name.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think you very kindly make my point for me.

It was clearly marked at the training establishment I attended as the Warrant Officers' and Sergeants' Mess, I remember clearly as a particularly thick lorry driver of a Yorkshire persuasion turned up during building works and asked at the gates for somebody called "Warren Offices-Mess" and would not be told that this wasn't someones name.
FOC

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We had one of these at a (cavalry) officers mess ball a few years ago. It was a good addition to the party.

Admittedly the sculpture was a human torso with tits and a c*ck that the vodka came out of, but still.

Toppet

Old-Salt

Hope this helps.
Get off your high horse. We had a great time with one at the 16X Xmas ball (I think it was Xmas; my memories are foggy).

I bet you're the type of person who (whilst living on the patch) would veto YOs from wearing jeans in the mess at the weekend - then complain that the mess is dying because the subbies don't support it.

jcarver007

War Hero
We had one of these at a (cavalry) officers mess ball a few years ago. It was a good addition to the party.

Admittedly the sculpture was a human torso with tits and a c*ck that the vodka came out of, but still.
should have had one of these

Attachments

jcarver007

War Hero
Get off your high horse. We had a great time with one at the 16X Xmas ball (I think it was Xmas; my memories are foggy).

I bet you're the type of person who (whilst living on the patch) would veto YOs from wearing jeans in the mess at the weekend - then complain that the mess is dying because the subbies don't support it.
I’ve done a few for 16x over the years. Last one was a Kontiki mask.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Officers 32
c0kecan Classified Ads 3
W Classified Ads 2

Latest Threads