Officer Mess Dress accessories (RA)

Discussion in 'Officers' started by wellyhead, Apr 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a question about Officers Mess dress, is it the done thing to wear a waistcoat chain or not ? The reason I ask is I am sourcing a presentation for a Gunner Officer and I came up with the idea of a watch (gunner time and all that) and chain for his mess dress but do not know is that is acceptable or not

Thank you

2. It was fine in my day, and in Regiments with very strict dress standards.

3. msr

msr LE

4. i've always tried to wear one, keeps me on "bar time" at least... nobody has complained yet... well not about my fashion sense (or lack of)!

5. I would go further and say it is essential. I actually cheated and put a cigar cutter on mine but then again it prevented me from looking bored and watching the clock during speeches!

6. Chain worn accross half waistcoat only for subalterns, accross both sides for field officers and above (if you can find one to fit!).

uqfegd

pp

7. Chain worn accross half waistcoat only for subalterns, accross both sides for field officers and above (if you can find one to fit!).

uqfegd

pp

8. Strictly speaking we have a mess kit in the gunners as it is not a recognised form of uniform. Therefore there is slightly more leeway with certain accoutrements

9. Facile nonsense. "Mess kit" has no official standing because what we are discussing is mess undress uniform...

10. Please explain?