Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Officer Medial Query

Arrse,

I have passed my Briefing and Main Board, and their respective medicals, and I was just in the process of sending off all the documentation for PCCBC/Sandhurst when I came back down to earth with a bump when I got my medical files off my Doctor.

Migraines are one of the conditions that preclude service, but I have one down in my record from 5 years ago. Having spoken to my doctor about it - they were as helpful as they could be with knowing very little about Army recruitment - and they said that they wouldn't consider it a condition given that it was so long ago, there have been no repeats, the symptoms I described were not a 'classic' migraine and were probably due to some medication I was temporarily on at the time.

I know this is a very specific question, but I was anxious about it and would appreciate any advice. The information is on my record and obviously can't be altered. On the Health Questionnaire I ticked 'no' the Migraine but in the details section I mentioned the headache from 5 years ago.

Friends have been telling me different things (call the SMO/Sponsor vs don't ever call the SMO/Sponsor about it!)

Grateful for any help!

I used to suffer from migraines as a teenager, and when I applied for the army I was told that I had to get a letter from my Dr saying that I hadn't had one in over a year, which was the case. This is what I got told from my recruiting CSgt.
This was a few years back mind.

Hope this helps!