Officer Insight Courses

My main board is next week - can't wait! (the last one before the cut off date for sept.) I hope to get on the reserve list, but either way I'll probably have to settle for January intake now! Thanks for the advice.

January intake rocks:
- less September thrusters all vying for the Sword so hard it hurts.
- More exercises in the rain, except all the NBC ones, which inevitably fall over the summer period.
- Commission in time for Christmas and winter sports holiday before turning up at your Regiment or Phase 2 with a broken leg (I didn't, but it would have been funny!).
- Final ex in Cyprus, where it should be sunny, instead of UK misery, but for us it was largest rainfall in 200 years over about 3 days of exercise.

django_strikes said:
January intake rocks:
- less September thrusters all vying for the Sword so hard it hurts.
- More exercises in the rain, except all the NBC ones, which inevitably fall over the summer period.
- Commission in time for Christmas and winter sports holiday before turning up at your Regiment or Phase 2 with a broken leg (I didn't, but it would have been funny!).
- Final ex in Cyprus, where it should be sunny, instead of UK misery, but for us it was largest rainfall in 200 years over about 3 days of exercise.
Sounds good - I've heard good and bad things about Jan and Sep but nothing about the May intake. I was vying for Sept but that's noway going to happen now so Jan it is! More of a mixed age group on Jan I've heard as well - less Welbeck and uni grads.

Evening all...ive got a visit on march 10th/11th to sandhurst. Just wondering if anyone else will be there and if anyone can tell me what to expect

Hi JS117,

I did one of these visits last year - really worthwhile.

Basically, it's just to get you acquainted with RMAS so on the first day you'll have dinner with some officer cadets and then spend the rest of the night in the bar to talk with them - this is a really good chance to ask some 'off-the-record' questions about life in RMAS, selection and particular regiments/corps etc. so make the most of it. Then on the second day you'll have an insight into life at RMAS, so we did some PT (1.5 MILE RUN, PRESS-UPS, SIT-UPS), a signals exercise, had a look at some weapons etc. and learned various ways of constructing a basha. Followed by a tour of RMAS and a presentation on 'gaining a commission'.

Hope that helps :D

Edited to add: If you have any more questions, just PM me

Latest Threads