Officer FTRS Vacancies mumbo jumbo

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Dr_Evil, Feb 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Taken from the FTRS site:

Questions:

1. What does this all mean in English?
    2. What is a generic officer? Are they grown in pods? I don't see any advert for "generic soldiers". Do they want gifted amateurs only, with a cheery demeanour, can-do attitude and luxurious head of Hugh Grantish hair?
    3. Is that minimum tour length of 12 months a guideline or a fixed rule?
    4. How does one find out about what jobs are actually on offer? It's a bit nicer to be able to see what the options are rather than raise one's hand and say "Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! I'll do anything, anywhere, for however long is in the interests of the Service!"

2. I always thought all officers were generic, as in they all struggle to tell the difference from their arrse and their elbow and pass everything down to a SNCO or smart Cpl.

3. You cheeky fecker! Come here and say that!

*macattack runs off, giggling*

4. Questions:

1. What does this all mean in English?......................4. How does one find out about what jobs are actually on offer? It's a bit nicer to be able to see what the options are rather than raise one's hand and say "Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! I'll do anything, anywhere, for however long is in the interests of the Service!"[/quote]

I guess it means what it says on the tin - If you are not interested in the (60 + ?) jobs that are actually listed on the site they will tout your CV around the bazaars. There are a heap of "gapped" posts out there that the units/HQs have not run for FTRS. Desk officers at APC, struggling to find a spare SO2/3 may well say " Gosh , that Dr Evil looks just the chap for SO3 Pished Mattresses, Inverness. I'll ring 2 Div and see just how hard up they really are...."

....and if APC are reading this and have a spare SO1 slot that they'll give acting rank for then... "Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! I'll do anything, anywhere, for however long is in the interests of the Service!" fits my profile nicely !!

5. Sir,

you are the exact officer they are after, although it stirkes me, you think about things and stuff and so may well not be eligable as you may be too intelligent for a generic post.

i have a generic post in my garden, it keeps my clothes line straight!!!!

oh, and the fancy engish, keep in the officers bit will ya!!!

edited due to not able to spell or form sentances!!!