Officer entry without a degree

Discussion in 'Officers' started by CitySlicker, May 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm considering the possibility of not going to university and attempting to go to Sandhurst without a degree, after sixth form I think I would ski instruct for a couple of seasons (I'm already in the process of getting ski instructing qualifications). So this would leave me at the age of 20 and entering Sandhurst, I was wondering if promotion prospects were lowered if you were to enter as an officer without a degree as opposed to entering with a degree. And also, after say 5 years of being an army officer and going through the sandhurst process what job prospects would be available? Would sandhurst be equivalent to a degree?

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

If you're not going to Uni, how the hell are you going to do a ski-instructors course after Uni?

Get your story straight and go to the ACIO.

Now, jog on.

3. HHH

HHH LE

4. Overly aggressive for a genuine question...

5. Your questions have been answered in many different threads before on this or the regular officer recruiting thread. Do have a search around, you should be able to find all the answers you could want to the "is X age too young to join" "do i need a degree/what will it mean if I join as a non-grad etc". Many useful and helpful answers out there, check out the search function.