OFFICER EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by SOOPAMAN, May 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, Im thinking about going to college for 2 years to study for a BTEC national diploma. These count as 3 full A levels and they are rewarded in UCAS points just like regular A levels.

My question is will the army accept a BTEC national diploma in lieu of A levels if the candidate has attained the required number of UCAS points?

And if so, will it matter what subject the BTEC national diploma is in?

(I am aware to apply as an officer you need 35 ALIS (GCSE or equivalent) points and 180 UCAS (A level or equivelant) points - I am just checking that BTEC national diploma counts as one of those equivelants)

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

2. ALSO in the 35 ALIS points from your best 7 GCSE subjects required do you still need to have english, maths and science, or can it be ANY 7 GCSE subjects?

Thanks again..

3. Top Tip : use a spellchecker...

4. ...and then work out how to use the "edit" function...

5. ...and and and then figure out what you want to do? Officah', metal-smith, diver?

6. Im looking into alot of different things. I want to find out as much as I can about the things that interest me so that I can make an informed choice..

I thought that the purpose of these boards was for people like me to ask questions in the hope of getting answers from people in the know..

Why do you create these 'recruitment advice' boards and then slate people when they ask for help?

7. fair enough..

8. If you're relying on the wit, knowledge and veracity of what you read on here or elsewhere for what you need to know then you're probably taking a bit of a gamble. Call in at an AFCO/ACIO or arrange an appointment to see an Army Careers Advisor. They can tell you exactly what you need to know - there, how's that for an answer from 'someone in the know'?

9. Thanks stoeman norman.
    I am going to ring in but the AFCO isnt open until tomorrow, so I thought I would ask on here and see if I could get the answer early. lol.

10. You sound like the sort of chap the RMP could use.

11. Meticulous and inventive?

12. Neither. Management.

13. Biscuits - you've lost me.

14. Aha!...an RMP Officer masquerading as a Tom on ARRSE. I claim my £5!!

15. Biscuits - stop the skunk; it's dulling your reason and logic!!!