Officer Careers Advice Thread

LAoK

Crow
I'm currently serving and got the ball rolling on commissioning. My CoC have told me to go to the medcentre and get a fit to attend done, but have no paperwork for the doctor to complete or sign. I've contacted the medcentre, who are adamant such paperwork exists but cannot furnish a copy, the NRC who subsequently suggested the AOSB, and the AOSB who subsequently suggested the NRC.

So whereabouts do I get hold of the relevant fit to attend paperwork?

I've just passed AOSB main board. Unfortunately used up pretty much all of my holiday allowance from work getting up to this point. As such, no FAM visits. I have a degree in Mech Eng, and so want to join with the REME. Can anyone give some pointers as to the duties I could expect day to day, is it essentially the same as any other platoon commander, or more engineering oriented? Appreciate any info I can get. Once I jack the job in, I will of course be doing as many FAM's as I can.

Anyone got any good tips for ICSC (R). Hopefully situation allowing I will be attending this year.

ydb

Swinger
When picking which regiment you want to join, is it best to mention 2 or 3 to keep your options open or be committed to one? I feel like if a reg was second choice this would put them off?

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
When picking which regiment you want to join, is it best to mention 2 or 3 to keep your options open or be committed to one? I feel like if a reg was second choice this would put them off?
Morning,

Officers are selected at the end of their second term at RMAS. They indicate regimental preferences and are subsequently invited for interviews and assessments by those Regiments/Corps.

ydb

Swinger
Morning,

Officers are selected at the end of their second term at RMAS. They indicate regimental preferences and are subsequently invited for interviews and assessments by those Regiments/Corps.
Ok great thanks. Thought you had to make this clear before. Nice one

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
Ok great thanks. Thought you had to make this clear before. Nice one

Each term RMAS hosts an Arms and Services fair for Officer Cadets to showcase the wide variety of careers available to them in the Army.⁠

You will have the chance to see a wide variety of the Army's kit and equipment, as well as to speak to personnel from many different units. This will help you to make an informed decision about which corps or regiments you will apply to join in your second term. During second term you will attend regimental selection boards.

ydb

Swinger
Each term RMAS hosts an Arms and Services fair for Officer Cadets to showcase the wide variety of careers available to them in the Army.⁠

You will have the chance to see a wide variety of the Army's kit and equipment, as well as to speak to personnel from many different units. This will help you to make an informed decision about which corps or regiments you will apply to join in your second term. During second term you will attend regimental selection boards.
Cheers mate clearer now

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
The Army Officer Recruiting Team run the Army Officer Insight Day and online presentations via Zoom. These are Q&A sessions regarding RMAS, giving you the opportunity to find out more about officer training and life beyond Sandhurst.

If you are interested in attending this via Zoom you can register your interest via the link below and one of them will get back to you.

Last edited:

ydb

Swinger
The Army Officer Recruiting Team run the Army Officer Insight Day and online presentations via Zoom. These are Q&A sessions regarding RMAS, giving you the opportunity to find out more about officer training and life beyond Sandhurst.

If you are interested in attending this via Zoom you can register your interest via the link below and one of us will get back to you.

In the process of joining a reserve unit, aiming to go Sandhurst next year at some point, hopefully by April. Unfortunately the zoom training sessions for that are also on a Tuesday. Thanks though.

Latest Threads