Officer Application: GCSE issue

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by TheBritishAreComing, Jul 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm 18 years, finished college a few weeks ago and i'm looking into a carrier as an officer, however i don't have "either a Science subject or a Foreign Language at grade C or better" (I have a D in both).
    What I need to know is will they let that minor issue go or am I going to have to retake some GCSEs :?

2. What do you think???????

3. Clearly i don't think, i'm trying to get myself sent into a warzone when i could be an accountant.

4. 1. Do you mean career?

2. I would of thought that yes you will have to retake those GCSEs

3. Further down the site there is a section for Officers and inside there's a further section for Officer recruiting. They might be able to help you more.

5. Career! That's the one. 2 years studying Enlgish Literature was time well spent.

Looks like I'm going to have to brush up on my English as well as my German.

Thanks all the same.

6. Indeed.....!

7. A typing error! On a post made at halfpast 11, with me only having drunk 3 beers in the last 2 hours.

I can see now that I am certainly not officer material.

Scrap retaking my GCSEs and becoming an Officer.

I'll become an accountant, watch war movies, drink heavily and fall asleep in the street where I will dream of what could have been.

8. Ok I beleive you!

Don't give now! Maybe you could join as a OR and then obtain a commission later into you service.

9. Well you are certainly one to comment on other people's spelling!

10. Ah shit...........

11. exactly

12. There's nothing wrong with the way he spelt "people's"

13. Re: Officer Application: GCSE issue
    Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:22 pm

u said half 11?? it was 9.22 ;)

14. The timing of posts are about 2 hours out

Mine says 1125pm when its actually 0125am

15. Technically, my A - Levels weren't good enough for me to be accepted as a candidate for Officer. However, my degree more than made up for them...

Re-sitting a science GCSE will do you no harm