Officer application advise

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by liam1682, Dec 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello folks, I applied for the Army as an Officer about three years ago, got to a week before my briefing and was ill so could not attend. A week later I went on a ‘Fam’ visit and the major I spoke to advised me to get some life experience (at the time I had just left 6th form) so I did not re-apply for my briefing and went travelling for a year to the USA and then went to University.

Anyway I stayed away from anything to do with my application while I decided what I truly wanted to do and now have come to the decision that being an Officer in the Army is what I want to do with my life.

How do I go about re-applying? Do I need to start from scratch or just get in touch with the Major who was my 'sponsor' at the time? Also on my form I had the Artillery down as my 1st choice whereas now I want to join the infantry, how to I rectify this?

Thanks in advance
  2. Seriously, what does your instinct tell you?
  3. Well im not totally sure as the people i have spoke to gave me opposite advice, thats why I thought i would ask on here.
  4. Try a recruiter.