Office Furniture Demands

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by mcvicar, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for a bit of advice.

I need to source some replacement furniture for the office (new boss) i.e. tables, chairs etc.

I have tried Aspire, as recommended by my QM, but they a) only swap one for one and b) have nothing in stock to swap at present.

They recommend I fill a form, which I have never heard of, in and send it to...actually they could not tell me that.

There must be a correct demand chain, and I am a little embarrassed that I do not know the answer!

Any suggestions?

2. Morning

I work for an Office Furniture company and we supply and install new and second hand furniture if you require any quotes etc.

If you require any further help please let me know and I'll Pm my contact details.

Regards

OG

3. If you require any qoutes lol.

Do you work in an old building or new one? Has yur office been moved or have you always been there?

4. Old building, old furniture, new boss. Thank you for the offer of quotes but I am looking strictly for 'through the system' rather than local purchase.

However, anybody willing to do some bartering in the TNB area then I am open to negotiations!

5. In TNB Aspire are the service provider so QM is correct to refer you to them.

If the Aspire help desk are refering you to a form you have never heard of to send to someone you have never heard of then call them back to explain it to you. If they can't explain then escalate asking for their manager.

If you're getting nowhere then escalate to your command chain - if a service is not being provided it needs to be ultimately be brought up to contract monitoring / garrison support unit.

What is the reason for the need:

Fully valid reasons that Aspire should meet:
    One for one swap (Due to condition of old desk etc)
    Change of requirement (A different office layout for new boss)

Less valid need:
    New desk so the new boss has shiney new stuff

The latter is less justifiable to escalate and falls into the mutual back scratching area.
    It's less justifiable to escalate that as a pretty new desk for a boss does not meet the official policy of improving the soldiers living conditions - and if it's an old building in the area it will be due for demolition and new build or at least a refit - even though it may take a long time as it can be done at any time in Aspires contract period.

On the local purchase route - Highly recommended not to go that way - audits are going on to catch out those who are bypassing systems, if you can find spare money to LP furniture someone will start asking quetions about it and funding priorities.

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Try freebies section of gumtree, there are always companies giving away the most unbelievable stuff. I picked up 4 big leather computer chairs last week actually, all in mint condition and free!

7. Politely request the QM to get off his/her fat ass and sort it out.

I assume your Garrison is part of some PFI-type construct - within that there are usually Nominated Persons, whose role it is to liaise with the contractor on issues affecting their area of responsibility. The Nominated Person is normally the QM.