• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Office fitness

Apologies if this topic has been on before (Please give a link!), I've used the search function , but not had any luck.

As the title says, has anyone any ideas for utilising the time on a chair, for me, up to 10 hours a day!

I keep fit outside work anyway, but it just seems to me that I could be working at the desk and working out at the same time. 'Multi-tasking' if you like.

Nothing too strenuous, just simple, useful mechanical activities please.
I'm sick of 'Buttock clenching' and sexually assaulting my secretary. :wink:
Thanks

If theres a gym close by to your office go for 20 minutes on the threadmill or rowing machine. It'll do you much better than 10 hours of arse clenching as theres nothing much CV you can on a chair without a secretary under your desk. :p

Renski said:
If theres a gym close by to your office go for 20 minutes on the threadmill or rowing machine. It'll do you much better than 10 hours of arse clenching as theres nothing much CV you can on a chair without a secretary under your desk. :p
Can you imagine the look of colleuges coming into the gents to find you star jumping and pushing up 20 to 30 times a minute!!

It'd work mind!

Thanks for that, but I ride my bike to work and run 2-3 times a week anyway.
I'm looking to utilise the office time a bit, the CVs ok.

No, no, no Viglen! Maybe I haven't made myself clear. (Shakes head)

Simple, static, repetative, workstation exercises. I don't know any.

I often sit at my desk and use a set of hand grips and/or my powerball which is great. Try a google search for powerball, they are great for building up your wrist and forearm strength and you can use it sat down.

warning about the power ball is it can get quite loud if you get the momentum up, it might not be suitable for an office, but their only £15 ish ... so you might as well get one and decide for yourself.

The best use that desk time can be put to is rest. There are 24 hours in a day; if you sleep for 8 and do admin for two, that leaves 14 hours for anything else. If you spend 10 hours at a desk (doubtful but if you say so), you have 4 whole hours left within which to do quality physical exercise every day.

Dragstrip said:
The best use that desk time can be put to is rest. There are 24 hours in a day; if you sleep for 8 and do admin for two, that leaves 14 hours for anything else. If you spend 10 hours at a desk (doubtful but if you say so), you have 4 whole hours left within which to do quality physical exercise every day.
Thanks for that D
I hadn't really thought of it like that and you're right I don't spend 10 hours at the desk every day and don't forget about free weekends.

I think a combination of rest, powerball (I hate that name!), handgrips and leg raises is the way forward.
Thanks for all input.

Latest Threads