Office Boredom.

RAMC

Clanker
I'm stuck on duty every Friday...

Swap desk draws around ready for chaos monday morning (bandages in syringe draw)

Swap chairs around and watch the arguments develop

Hide favourite mugs/cups.

Remove all forms from desk tidies, replace with forrms nobody ever uses (virology)

Put all the sick notes in the safe, then lose the keys

Change all parallel printers settings to serial.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
When I worked for an engineering company many years ago, two of the fitters had carved a golf course into their work benches. Golf ball was a 1/16" ball bearing, clubs pieces of metal with bent ends. The holes were small holes drilled into the work top, the water hazards were small depressions that got filled with 'spilled coffee', they put sheets of coarse grit emery paper down for the rough, etc. Every now and then you'd see one or other of them knocking a ball bearing across the work top...

Very ingenious - and I never spotted it until I was let into the secret.

Wordsmith

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm stuck on duty every Friday...

Swap desk draws around ready for chaos monday morning (bandages in syringe draw)

Swap chairs around and watch the arguments develop

Hide favourite mugs/cups.

Remove all forms from desk tidies, replace with forrms nobody ever uses (virology)

Put all the sick notes in the safe, then lose the keys

Change all parallel printers settings to serial.

Unfortunately I don't work in the med centre, although I might put my boss in one soon.

Sneak onto someone else's computer when they're out of the office and send out a mass email-invite to an S&M party at their house.

The Boss's PC would be good.

Friday afternoons are excellent… Leaving my office at about 3pm after finishing the morning origami project and paperclip modelling, I sneak down the corridor using dead ground and cover to spy on the staff. If anyone looks bored I’ll ask for 25 copies of last years audit report translated into Chinese setting a deadline of 5pm…A fire drill at 4pm works well for me too.

Friday afternoons are excellent… Leaving my office at about 3pm after finishing the morning origami project and paperclip modelling, I sneak down the corridor using dead ground and cover to spy on the staff. If anyone looks bored I’ll ask for 25 copies of last years audit report translated into Chinese setting a deadline of 5pm…A fire drill at 4pm works well for me too.

You sir are a cnuts ****

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer

I think I work for you!

Spaced

War Hero
Friday afternoon, **** all to do and my boss is a knob who is keeping us here for no reason..

Any ideas to relieve the next 3 hours of boredom?

Take a work break, three hours of work sandwiched in between the other 5 or 6 hours of your other breaks.

Jebote

War Hero
I have a whole weekend starting at 23:00 of office boredom coming up.

So previous suggestions gratefully received.

I have a whole weekend starting at 23:00 of office boredom coming up.

So previous suggestions gratefully received.

take DVDs and snacks

Latest Threads