Offical - IRA has given uo the struggle

#1
From the BBC


[/quote]It said the IRA does not want to go back to violence and no longer has the capacity to mount a sustained campaign
Hmmmmmmm

Not read the report yet - I wonder if this includes Real IRA, Continuity etc etc etc
 
#3
Sven said:
It said the IRA does not want to go back to violence and no longer has the capacity to mount a sustained campaign
Hmmmmmmm

Not read the report yet - I wonder if this includes Real IRA, Continuity etc etc etc
My thoughts as well Sven.

Methinks that the terrorist scum will still be up to no good sometime soon. Can't trust them then and can't trust them now. :lol:

Adams will have to find new bum boys soon. :p


fastmedic
 
#5
Sven said:
It said the IRA does not want to go back to violence and no longer has the capacity to mount a sustained campaign
Hmmmmmmm

Not read the report yet - I wonder if this includes Real IRA, Continuity etc etc etc
Like it says IRA. Not CIRA, or RIRA. Dissident Republicans are still maintaining their efforts and are still carrying out attacks on a weekly basis throughout the province.
 
#10
fastmedic said:
londonirish said:
cool....so did we win? Discuss........
We got whipped and as usual sh@t on by the government. Really I expected no less.


fastmedic
did we? how come we still trot around with weapons, and they don't anymore?

I am not sure that we won as such, however, in a fast-uniting world, EU, islamic terror, I think they bowed to world pressure, fighting an outdated and outmoded fight just looked increasingly, well, silly
 
#11
muzzleflash said:
YES, we did
We didnt win at all. It appears that way at the moment, however it will adversely affect the future politics of Northern Ireland in the future. Its a false victory. We lost three Battalions to get it.

Ok, so we arent losing troops anymore but the dissidents are still carrying out attacks - two last week. Don't fall for the political spin doctors. Most of the UK things its all over now because London isn't getting bombed by the IRA anymore.
 
#12
Bossdog said:
muzzleflash said:
YES, we did
We didnt win at all. It appears that way at the moment, however it will adversely affect the future politics of Northern Ireland in the future. Its a false victory. We lost three Battalions to get it.

Ok, so we arent losing troops anymore but the dissidents are still carrying out attacks - two last week. Don't fall for the political spin doctors. Most of the UK things its all over now because London isn't getting bombed by the IRA anymore.
No, we think that we won because PIRA gave up the struggle. Whiilst the dissidents are something of a menace, they are not up to the nastyness created by PIRA - or are they???
 
#13
londonirish said:
fastmedic said:
londonirish said:
cool....so did we win? Discuss........
We got whipped and as usual sh@t on by the government. Really I expected no less.


fastmedic
did we? how come we still trot around with weapons, and they don't anymore?

I am not sure that we won as such, however, in a fast-uniting world, EU, islamic terror, I think they bowed to world pressure, fighting an outdated and outmoded fight just looked increasingly, well, silly
We did not win. They gave up and fcuked off. Hollow victory and too many losses to say that we defeated them.

They are still out there, however now will be the headache of the RUC(PSNI) for the future.


fastmedic
 
#14
I think we did'nt lose the dissidents are just the embers of a dieing fire a lots changed.
there was'nt ever going to be the chance of a few knackered squaddies raising a Union flag over the massed corpse's of ira sein fein with gerry and
martin on top of the pile ( however attractive that p/hoto seems :twisted: )
likewise the ira could never send the british army prods fleeing belfast by car ferry :roll:
given that niether of those two outcomes were ever realistic the end was always going to be a whimper
 
#15
I wonder what the report would look like if they took their activities here in the republic into account.
A lot of Sinn Fein's electoral success in working class areas comes down to their magical ability to make Chav types go away or develop sudden bone conditions.
 
#16
Yes we won. Northern Ireland is a VERY different place to what it was. If you find that difficult to accept, try driving around West Belfast/South Armagh and take in just how law abiding the people have become - road tax, not parking on yellow lines etc, etc meaningless pish? not if you'd spent your life or protracted periods there on operations. In addition, republicans, despite lots of tantrums, will sign up to acceptance of the PSNI.

Where are PIRA? still there, but I can guarantee that they are incapable of mounting operations without a long, long lead in time. Where are the British Army/PSNI? Still there, but capable of mounting operations at a moments notice.

How did we get to this point? because "we" (collective term for the UK) held our nerve despite the antics murderous scum.

Am I pissed off the way it went? You'd better fcukin believe it. Especially knowing that those very murders are free to enjoy breathing in air.
 
#17
Imshi-Yallah said:
I wonder what the report would look like if they took their activities here in the republic into account.
A lot of Sinn Fein's electoral success in working class areas comes down to their magical ability to make Chav types go away or develop sudden bone conditions.
perhaps they should campaign and do the hustings in Brent, Hackney, Lewisham, Penge, Brixton,......
 
#18
londonirish said:
cool....so did we win? Discuss........
Let's just note what Adams actually said about Thomas (Slab) Murphy -

"Tom Murphy is not a criminal. He’s a good republican. I read his statement after the Manchester raids. I believe what he says. He’s also, and very importantly, a key supporter of the Sinn Féin peace strategy and has been for a very long time."
Additionally, when asked, by RTÉ’s Tommie Gorman, whether he believes Murphy’s denial of membership of the IRA Army Council, Adams said -

"If he denies being a member of the IRA, then I have to accept that."

And if "they" say they have stopped we have to believe them I suppose
 
#19
muzzleflash said:
Yes we won. Northern Ireland is a VERY different place to what it was. If you find that difficult to accept, try driving around West Belfast/South Armagh and take in just how law abiding the people have become - road tax, not parking on yellow lines etc, etc meaningless pish? not if you'd spent your life or protracted periods there on operations. In addition, republicans, despite lots of tantrums, will sign up to acceptance of the PSNI.

Where are PIRA? still there, but I can guarantee that they are incapable of mounting operations without a long, long lead in time. Where are the British Army/PSNI? Still there, but capable of mounting operations at a moments notice.

How did we get to this point? because "we" (collective term for the UK) held our nerve despite the antics murderous scum.

Am I pissed off the way it went? You'd better fcukin believe it. Especially knowing that those very murders are free to enjoy breathing in air.
Where else would they have gone?????. They are the Police Service for Northern Ireland.
 
#20
muzzleflash said:
Yes we won. Northern Ireland is a VERY different place to what it was. If you find that difficult to accept, try driving around West Belfast/South Armagh and take in just how law abiding the people have become .........? not if you'd spent your life or protracted periods there on operations.

Where are the British Army/PSNI? Still there, but capable of mounting operations at a moments notice.
I'll PM my answer.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
brighton hippy The NAAFI Bar 46
T The Intelligence Cell 4
STAR123 Cookery 59

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top