Offensive gun tee-shirt from Transformers!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BaggyInBlack, Jun 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha...the fact that it actually happened makes it more funny...WTF is going on here???? I like reading the peoples comments at the bottom of the link.,,30100-1317814,00.html

Heathrow Headache Over Optimus Prime
    Updated:14:48, Monday June 02, 2008

An airline passenger says he was threatened with arrest for wearing a t-shirt featuring a cartoon robot carrying a gun.

The t-shirt that caused offenseBrad Jayakody says he was stopped from passing through security at Heathrow's Terminal 5 by a guard who said his Transformers t-shirt was offensive.

The 30-year-old IT consultant, from west London, had been set to fly off on a business trip to Dusseldorf, Germany.

Mr Jayakody said a guard started joking with him about the character - Optimus Prime - depicted on his French Connection t-shirt.

He wrote on his blog: "Then he explains that since it is holding a gun, I'm not allowed to fly.

"It's a 40ft-tall cartoon robot with a gun as an arm. There is no way this shirt is offensive in any way, and what I'm going to use the shirt to pretend I have a gun? (sic)

"Now here's the stupid part. I was only taking carry-on luggage, so my clothes were in my bag, so I said I'd get changed. So I stripped off at security and changed t-shirts, putting the 'offensive' t-shirt in my bag.

"The supervisor comes over, telling me if I put the shirt on I'll be arrested."

A spokesman for Heathrow operator BAA said: "If a t-shirt had a rude word or a bomb on it, for example, a passenger may be asked to remove it.

"We are investigating what happened to see if it came under this category.

"If it's offensive, we don't want other passengers upset."

He said there was no record of the incident and the passenger "certainly didn't make a formal complaint at the time".
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I usually wear my "AK47: When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfunker in the room" t-shirt for flying. Usually it gets a chuckle, once it got a snotty remark from a customs officer with a sense-of-humour bypass. It hasn't had me banned yet, though.

I may have to rethink that policy, if "rude words" can get you chucked off a flight.
  3. I love the bit about the traveller not making a formal complaint: they have made the process so long that if you want to make a complaint there and then you will almost certainly miss your flight.
  4. Surely a light grey worsted would be more appropriate at this time of year? Or for the more daring, a 'sports' jacket in a suitable lightweight cloth?
  5. I have seen that t-shirt,I want to get one that replace's the words 'AK-47' with 'zyklon-B',I wonder how many thought police laws it would break?
  6. Just tell the fcukwit minimum wage nazi dressed as a zookeeper to go fcuk himself.

I have to deal wth these BAA fcukwits every day and too many of the newer ones are complete throbbers without any common sense at all.
  7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

With the number of "make your own t-shirt" sites on t'Internet now you could probably design and order one in 10 minutes, and have it delivered within a fortnight for about £20. It would probably be about the same quality as my "eBay special" (i.e. not too bad), if a tad more expensive.
  8. You would be OK. The brain dead, power crazed morons wouldn't know whay zyklon-B is/was.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Remember under ZANULiebor you only have to be assessed as causing offence (not actually to cause it) and you are on your way to a criminal record. The only way out is to plead minority status and fight as a persecuted Hugenout or similar!
  10. you're both queer. Everyone knows the best way to travel is with a black assualt vest with bulging pouches underneath a large puffa jacket/caftan.

Your lady companion must wear similar vest but with burka and sunglasses.
  11. Duly noted; one must never underestimate the slimming qualities of this wardrobe perennial. It worked for big Demis. Handy for concealing sidearms too; no ugly bulge visible under the arm.
  12. I was thinking of getting this one. Do you think that it will strike the right tone at the airport?

13. :thumleft:
    Will be straight over the heads of most septic or european airport goons as it is too subtle; would not like to risk it in a sandy place as they might not find it terribly amusing.
  14. What's the 1st word?? I can read the "blowing sh1t up" bit.

Looks like "?uit"
  15. ahhhhh, does it read "quit"?