Offending the god botherers

I see this thread has gone from worship to w...nk in a split second.

Would that be Joseph the terror with his little Armalite?
Yes, but it's a spiritual Armalite. It's an an Armalite of Christ's love.
If you want spiritual air support/strike in your spiritual battles, call in Mary, Mother of God.

Edit: I don't wank while watching Songs if Praise, despite what you might have read in my post. Y'all have filthy minds, honestly!

Yes, but it's a spiritual Armalite. It's an an Armalite of Christ's love.
If you want spiritual air support/strike in your spiritual battles, call in Mary, Mother of God.
Edit: I don't **** while watching Songs if Praise, despite what you might have read in my post. Y'all have filthy minds, honestly!
Airsoft walt of Catholicism! Even Jimbo does it better than you.

I'm literally a practising Catholic. My views might be somewhat liberal (e.g. one only goes to Hell for acting on homosexual inclinations), but still...
Well in that case accept our condolences, one of the greatest and most accurate portrayers of your devotionals just snuffed it.

The origin of the myth re-enacted:

ugly

LE
Are you practicing because you still don’t have it right yet?

Life of Brian is a fictional work of comedy. You are aware of that, aren't you?
Life of Brian is a fictional work of comedy of enduring worldwide success precisely due to the fact that it portrays to a tee the lunacy, hypocrisy and absurdity of religious behaviour.
As you are very well aware, it wasn't a fictional work of comedy that got the Archbishop and Muggeridge up on their hind legs, neither was it the portrayal of Jesus (since the film clarifies beyond a shred of doubt from the start that Brian is not Jesus) - Nay it was the fact the film hit so close to home regarding the absurd aspects of religiosity and religious beliefs, that riled them up.
Although a work of fiction, Life of Brian's courageous refusal to kowtow to the fascism of "religious sensibilities" actually did more to turn it into the genuine platform of truthful insight that it is.

Having written this I must add that I recognise that not everything about religion is bad or absurd.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Man Who Sued God, not a brilliant film but the paradox of either denying acts of god and therefore denying god exists, or admitting they are acts of god and therefore as his representatives on Earth the religions are liable...sort the bollox out of that one.

Life of Brian is a fictional work of comedy of enduring worldwide success precisely due to the fact that it portrays to a tee the lunacy, hypocrisy and absurdity of religious behaviour.
As you are very well aware, it wasn't a fictional work of comedy that got the Archbishop and Muggeridge up on their hind legs, neither was it the portrayal of Jesus (since the film clarifies beyond a shred of doubt from the start that Brian is not Jesus) - Nay it was the fact the film hit so close to home regarding the absurd aspects of religiosity and religious beliefs, that riled them up.
Although a work of fiction, Life of Brian's courageous refusal to kowtow to the fascism of "religious sensibilities" actually did more to turn it into the genuine platform of truthful insight that it is.

Having written this I must add that I recognise that not everything about religion is bad or absurd.
Do you think today's secular, anti-Christian and 'woke' culture is any better? No. It's even more intolerant, puritan, prejudiced and hostile to humour. A film in the same league as Life of Brian couldn't be made today.
Strange how nobody involved in the film was prosecuted for causing offence or became a victim of mob justice., despite all the accusations of oppression levelled against Christianity.

Anti Christian???
The world is in the grip of mass regression into irrational beliefs of the cultic / new age / traditional religious type.
It seems, like most "believers" invested in their belief system, you have a very narrow and limited perception of what is going on in the world.
The story is not about Christianity or any specific religion but the emotionally driven backlash against the hard facts of existence that drives people to grasp on to baseless irrational beliefs.
In that respect the crap Goop is promoting is no different from the crap proponents of the Jewish bible or Christianity or Islam are promoting.

You would be concerned about this too except you're more invested in a junk shop of devotionals and dogmas than you are in God.

Having written this, I will state again - not everything about religion is bad or absurd.

Last edited:
Life of Brian is a fictional work of comedy. You are aware of that, aren't you?
Much like the Bible then...although TLOB is much, much funnier.